BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 187 of 300 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2994

Quote Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
    The fluff of guardians is that they are not Aspect Warriors, they are FORMER Aspect Warriors, leaving that Path and going somewhere else (Path of Artificers, Path of Poets, or others), so they share the same experience as Warlocks in war (without the psychic powers obviously), and so they join war when they are required by the Craftworld war council (Autarchs+Seers), and share the War Mask (Khaine battle trance) with both Warlocks and Aspect warriors. They are not like farmers joining the army.
    Hence, I wouldn't be surprised if they get BS4 or even WS4 in the case of assault guardians.
    This.
    Yes, guardians don't receive so much martial training as standing Aspect warriors, but they do have the experience. So they may not be I5 or Ld9, but WS3 BS4 for Defenders or WS4 BS3 for Storm looks absolutely justified by fluff to me.

kirbys just posted points and special rules for the wargear/vehicle upgrades

[url]http://www.3plusplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2430[/url]

From 3++
    Warlocks are now WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I5 A1 Ld8 Sv-

Psyker Lvl 1
    Fleet
    Witchblades

Spiritseers have Witchstaves, which may be a new type of weapon.
    2 wounds is very interesting, but they kind of need it if they're rolling for psych now, rather then auto-casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxis Lithium View Post
    From 3++

2 wounds is very interesting, but they kind of need it if they're rolling for psych now, rather then auto-casting.
    Oh that sweet justice. Called them as 2W from the Codex page on their damned website and so many were like, "NOOO IT'S A 1!" It feels so good. Feeding off their pain, just like the Dark Kin.
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post
    Oh that sweet justice. Called them as 2W from the Codex page on their damned website and so many were like, "NOOO IT'S A 1!" It feels so good. Feeding off their pain, just like the Dark Kin.
    Casting with Ld.8....
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Fritz40k apparently has the PDF for the Eldar codex, but his hints as to its location have so far proved to be inaccurate. I'll update here if I find it (but I refuse to link it, as I don't want to get BoLS into trouble). It seems that he may have confused it with a fan-made codex.
    Where'd he talk about this? I didn't see it on his site?

Quote Originally Posted by HERO View Post
    Casting with Ld.8....
    Point? They are prolly going to end up as 40pts and able to break off just like Wolf Guard. It's not like they are casting really important powers like Invisibility or anything from Divination/Fate.

Just them trying to cast Conceal is fine for me.
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

8 means you'll have a relyable caster, but who will still failed roughly 30% of the time. Not perfect, but given the number of them that will likely to be seen in any given army? Acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by HERO View Post
    Casting with Ld.8....
    Does anyone else smell Brotherhood of Psykers on this one?

I thought that was already confirmed. The Warlock unit will have Brotherhood, I'm farily sure of it. It was said that they would also be able to help a farseer cast some how.