BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 300 1231151101 ... LastLast

Default Eldar Rumour Titbits

Via Darnok 11-5-2012:
    Hi,
    the translation of the next eldar codex has started (or so it seems)...

All plastic minis stay the same for the moment including jetbikes
    Wraithguards will be plastic with a HtH option (swords)
    A new Farseer model (finecast iirc)
    a character for Dire Avengers, a new entry "something-seer"

That's all I got for the moment!
    Interesting. No new jetbikes might seem like a blow, but it means that eldar could potentially get a full complement of new plastic kits after Wraithguard. Have a hard time believing we won't see plastic jetbikes soon though, perhaps before the codex release?

via Faeit 3-2-2013

- Autarchs take Paths. These represent completed paths they have walked and are tied to the various aspects. By taking a path you make the respective aspect warrior a troop choice (the exception are reapers who just become scoring)

- Overall point cost reduction (guardians see it the most, aspect warriors see it the least, but are instead a fair margin better with only a minor cost decrease for two of the schools).

- new special rule that influence how howling banshees interact in combat. It's current iteration really makes them feel like glass cannons that are amazing at what they're designed to do.

-Seer councils have brotherhood of psykers (the farseers still cast their own abilities in addition, but two farseers together cast more than 2 farseers separately)

- in general, aspect warriors are hyper focused and hyper successful if used properly
    - No new aspect
    - 2 new flyers
    - lots of units get access to skyfire
    - new tank (on falcon chasis)
    - Two new special characters
    - exarchs are all really good in duels in different ways
    - farseers are still awesome psykers
    - warlocks improve deny the witch.
    - falcon/wave serpent point reduction
    - way to make some of the craftworld specific lists
    - additional rules for allying with dark eldar
    - expanded fluff on the war in heaven
    via BoLS 3-7-2013
    -New Eldar "large tank" is being worked on (not the same as the new falcon variant)
    -Guardian/Storm Guardian combo plastic box
    -Guardian jetbikes/Shining Spear combo box
    via 75Hastings69 3-24-2013
    -Eldar, new flier, characters and a new uber wraith guard thingy.
    -Updated jetbikes and/or plastic Wraithguard
    -New huge wraith guard construct type thing (similar to Tau Riptide) IIRC it has two builds (shooty & cc)
    -Actual Wraithguard have some kind of CC build option.
    ~Editor's note: multiple sources report a LARGE new model range (larger than normal) for the Eldar codex.

via Faeit 4-18-2013
    Path system has been revamped. Autarchs take paths that are now fixed in point cost (before they became more expensive the more you took) but do not make their aspect troops.

Instead it allows corresponding aspects to be taken as compulsory troops.

Ergo, the Path of the Striking Scorpions would allow you to take up to two striking scorpions as troops.

If you also took the path of Swooping Hawks you could take up to two Swooping Hawks as troops or one and one.

Guardians are a lot cheaper and have more options for special weapons.

New transport for dire avengers / weapon platform (with no transport capacity).

And lots of new goodies.

If tau are the long range shooting army, eldar are a mix with potential units in short, mid and long range

Long range comes almost exclusively from heavy support, however so you need to create a mix it seems.

Aspects are still hyper focused and saw a very small decrease in points except fire dragons.
    via Stickmonkey 4-21-2013
    Eldar were supposedly getting the following:

New tank chassis, 2 builds, between falcon and cobra in size, one build had transport capacity and some type of melta or flame based weapon (fusion cannon iirc) the other build was essentially a flakk cannon, but not the same as the fw firestorm, bigger tl guns.

There was a new avatar sculpt but im pretty sure that ended up being a designer test seen at GD

Wraithguard get a plastic box with new weapon variants. Lots of rumors of dial build, but nothing i've heard enough of to know what's true.

Heavy rumors of new jetbikes, building guardian and shining spears.

However, it seems to be a trend not to release too many rehash boxes. If we got wraithguard, jetbikes, and an avatar all in this release, well Ill be broke and need new shorts.

Rumors have pointed to a new farseer model, and thats all but confirmed by your recent post.

The bomber and fighter do not share a box from everything I've heard. The fighter is "very" similar to the nightwing, except for the wing shape. One of the two is rumored to use some form of distortion weapon, be it bomb or missiles i dont know.

Rumors of a new aspect exist, the word i've heard is this has something to do with wraith constructs, but really even that is too vague.

I know others have said there is a large wraith construct, but none of my sources are backing this now, fwiw.

For the release there are two new aspect exarch or p lord (not sure which) sculpts in finecast, and one named hq, these are all new scuplts, but could be old characters.

Ive been told guardians are getting a new box to make them and storm guardians. Again, i cant believe wed get so many redone plastics. But it makes sense on its own.

So to boil it down, from the new new dept could be 2 flyers, a dual build tank, a new large walker/mc, a few blisters, and a new aspect.

Then on top of that old models getting plastics.

Its just way too much for a release, so what will stick and what wont?
    via BoLS 5-5-2013
    The Dark Reaper Exarch regains a classic weapon option from the days of yore. HINT, HINT - it involves skulls and chain.

Aspect Warriors are moving to plastic using the "combo-unit" dual-build format GW has moved to of late. We'll leave it up to you to guess which aspects could be paired off into combo-kit boxes with differing heads/weapon options.

The new Eldar flyer is quite curved in nature, with sweeping lines all about. A real head turner.

The new Eldar "big kit" is a wraith construct that shares numerous design cues with the current War Walker - but much larger. A virtual beast...

Eldar keep thier distance from Tau from an overall design theme. They will be the masters of maneuver and outright speed. Look for multiple options and units types for jetbikes including up-armored and even faster versions. Jetbikes as a family may well become the staple hallmark of the army. They will come in multiple flavors with both anti-personnel and anti-armor types.

FOC wise, look for a whole lot of jumping about of units between the HEAVY SUPPORT, FAST ATTACK, and ELITES slots. There will be difficult player decisions to be made in there.
    via BoLS 5-8-2013
    Stats for the Eldar "Knight" main gun:

"Pulsar Lance"
    Primary fire mode:
    36" S:8 AP2 Heavy 2, Lance

Overcharge mode (weapon may not fire next turn)
    48" S:10 AP1 Heavy 1, Blast, Lance
    Interesting. For those that remember, that statline has quite a lot of familiarity with the overall design of the EPIC Phantom titan's pulsar main weapon. Almost an homage in scaled down 40K scale...

Via [URL="http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2013/05/08/rumor-it-eldar-expect/"]Blood of Kittens[/URL] 5-8-2013:

-Universal Fleet including the Avatar. The Wraith stuff though won't have fleet.
    -Old independent character special rules moved to Warlord Traits
    -Jet Bikes moved back to Fast Attack (IC to unlock to troops)
    -Eldar psychic powers nerfed: some powers disappearing, random table, focus on witchfire
    -Warlocks can only use Eldar specific psychic powers
    -Runes of Warding Nerfed: No longer board wide
    -Farseer 2 wounds
    -Eldrad Mastery Level 4, Staff of Ulthamar similar to Ahirman staff
    -Almost all Phoenix Lords lose Eternal Warrior have cost reductions
    -Exarch's must be included in all Aspects units. (Sergeant Character)
    -Don't expect many changes with the Aspect warriors just cleaning up old rules and such
    -Dark Reapers, Swooping Hawks, and Banshees see the biggest cost drops and anti-flyer additions
    -Guardians 7 points a piece
    -Vehicles will have either no cost reduction of very minor reduction (5pts) with Vypers benefiting the most
    -Vehicles come stock with shuriken cannons vehicle savings come with cheaper weapon upgrades and wargear
    -Eldar Flyers first to get Vector Dancer (minus Forge World of course)
    -Don't be surprised to see Giant Wraithlord with T8 and Will not Die

The Eldar codex in essences won't reinvent the wheel this is update to bring them in line with 6th edition units costs and such and with Phil Kelly supposedly once again at the helm expect the changes to be more like Chaos Space Marine codex and less like the Chaos Daemons codex.
    Don't expect to see any new Aspect molds with maybe Swooping Hawks getting an update.

via Warseer's Best_Pone 5-9-2013
    First look at this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eldar-fighter-mockup.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	4040

Common Eldar fighter/bomber features:
    - Downward angling of the primary wings (about 30º I'd estimate)
    - Canards are very slightly angled down, but near horizontal
    - Engines are mounted in pods in the wings
    - One weapon mounted centreline under the hull, and one in a pod in each wing

Hemlock:
    - Has a single vertical stabiliser mounted on the centreline of the aircraft

Nightshade:
    - Twin "vertical" stabilisers (they're actually about 30º from horizontal), one mounted on each engine pod.

Regarding the "big walker"
    it's officially Wraithknight
    via Reddit 5-10-2013
    I work at a hobby shop and yesterday I was submitting my Games Workshop order. To my surprise my GW rep asked me if I wanted one of the collectors edition codex's ( he knows i'm a huge Eldar fan). I submitted my order for the entire new line of Eldar mini's. Some notable orders were a Wraithguard box set, a new Eldar Avatar box, Jetbikes 3 pack, and the new flier. He couldn't give me names but I can confirm that on May 24th the pre-order for Eldar will be released and they will be released the first week of June.
    via Best_Pone 5-10-2013
    ...the flyers and wraithknight are the new shiny things, so they're going to be what grab the most attention.
    You are getting new wraithguard - it's a double pack that also do a close combat version. Both types will also have weapon options.
    The Finecast that I've seen are a spiritseer and a ranger, and your new battleforce replaces the warwalker with a viper.
    via BoLS 5-13-2013
    Word has reached us of two divergent schools of though for the latest codex shuriken family, and the jury is still out on which one was ultimately selected. Both are highly divergent from the short-ranged 12" S:4 AP:5 Assault 2 weapon we have now (oh those poor, poor Guardians). Here we go folks:

OPTION A: The Bane of Flesh

Shuriken Pistol 12" S:4 AP5 Pistol, (Fleshbane or Shred)
    Shuriken Catapult 18" S:4 AP5 Assault 2, (Fleshbane or Shred)
    Dire Avenger Shuriken Catapult 24" S:4 AP:5 Assault 2, (Fleshbane or Shred)
    Shuriken Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Assault 3, (Fleshbane or Shred)
    Shuriken Shreiker Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Assault 3, (Fleshbane or Shred), Poison(4+), Pinning

OPTION B: The Rain of Shuriken

Shuriken Pistol 12" S:4 AP5 Pistol
    Shuriken Catapult 18" S:4 AP5 Salvo2/4
    Dire Avenger Shuriken Catapult 24" S:4 AP:5 Salvo 2/4
    Shuriken Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Salvo 3/6
    Shuriken Shreiker Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Salvo 3/6, Poison(4+), Pinning
    via BoLS 5-14-2013
    Latest word says Harlequins are unchanged from the Dark Eldar book - so apparently they are the constant link between both Eldar factions.

via [URL="http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1372725&postcount=267"]Heresy Online[/URL] 5-20-2013
    There is also an upgrade pack in Finecast to make an Autarch on a jetbike.As far as the actual Codex goes:-You can make Run moves in addition to shooting Shuriken weapons.

-Shuriken weapons have a rule which makes them ignore armor on a to-wound roll of a 6– similar to rending, but it's not actually the Rending rule.

-The Wraithknight starts at about 250 points and caps around 350, and towers over even the Tau Riptide. It's 9” tall. The Wraithknight has the ability for its weapons to become twin-linked if it hits with a scatter laser it comes equipped with, even against airborne targets. It can shoot S9 and 10 small blasts, and has a total of four weapons on it– you have a choice of several, including a huge wraithblade and a lance weapon.

- Wraithguard are cheaper both points-wise and financially speaking, and are now S5 and T6, and have the option to be equipped with Wraithblades as per the current Codex's in place of their guns, making them a dangerous close combat unit.

- Including a Spiritseer as a HQ choice allows you to bring Wraithguard as Troops.

- Expect Guardians to supplant Dire Avengers as the staple Troops choice– they're very points efficient and with the buff to shuriken weapons, they should expect to be in a lot of competitive armies.

-The Fire Prism has been nerfed a bit– basically, they want to drive people back towards Aspect Warrior and Wraith-heavy armies, rather than the mechanized Eldar army literally everyone and their brother played with the exact same list. Can't really say to what extent, but the purchasing advice was to “Not load up on them.”

-The Avatar is “Definitely better.”

-The Iyanden supplement is not a splash release, and will be normally available. Iyanden is strictly a fluff book, and contains no game rules. The rules to play a themed Iyanden army are found completely in Codex: Eldar. This is a move to appease people who want more fluff in books as well as people who would rather just have more game content with the fluff optional. This is an experiment in seeing how this works– if it does well, expect Games Workshop to continue with the release of “chapter-specific” fluff supplements for their Codex releases.

via Dakka Dakka 5-21-2013
    - From what I saw all the non Wraith infantry have the run/shoot shoot/run ability (the rule was called Battle something). Avengers definitely do (from the report) and Rangers definitely do (from tiny printed profile in the WD) as well. Not sure if its just for Shuriken weapons (Rangers do have Pistols I guess).

- It looks likes all Eldar have the 'Ancient Foe' special rule, no idea what this does but I suspect its something like Hatred Daemons of Slaneesh (don't think it was Necron related as the report was against Crons) since all Eldar appear to have it (including the Wraith units).

- There are 14 Eldar specific psychic powers from 2 different charts, Runes of Battle and Runes of Fate. However it looks like several of the powers are 2 in 1, i.e they have a buff mode and a debuff mode, so there are actually HEAPS of powers. I.e the Primaris for Battle is Conceal/Reveal (as a single card/roll etc), Conceal gives you Shrouded and Reveal removes Shrouded from an enemy. The 1 on the Battle Chart was Destructor/Renew(?), Destructor being the same as before with Soul Blaze added and Renew allowing you to restore a wound to a friendy model within range (18" I think). Primaris for Runes of Fate was Guide, which is now 24" range but is otherwise the exact same as before. Very surprising to see this as aside from the range it is far worse than the Divination Primaris (although I guess you could take both and effectively Guide two units). The 1 on the Fate Chart was a terrible Focuses Witchfire power. Fortune and Doom are still options (the Farseer in the report had them) and appear to have the same effects.

- The Avatar has Fleet. Also one of the psychic powers increases your movement speed/charge range somehow

- The Wraithknight is insanely huge, it is literally twice the height of a Wraithlord, and the sword option it can take is basically the size of a Wraithlord as well. It can take up to 2 Suncannons, which are S6 AP2 Heavy 3 Small Blast or up to 2 Wraithlances(?) which are presumably the heavy anti tank option. Sword replaces one of the big guns I think (they are arm mounted like the Titans). This is in addition to the two shoulder mounted heavy weapons (I saw Scatters and Starcannons, so presumably the normal range of heavy weapons are available)

- Wraithguard and Wraithblades look good, think scaled down Wraithlords. They looked a bit bigger than the old ones, but I think it was partly just the added range of motion in the poses on 40mm bases (similar to the old 25mm base Terminators vs the newer 40mm base ones, they are bigger but the better poses help as well). Wraithguard can now get either Wraithcannons (which from the fluff descriptions seemed to still be single shot and very powerful) or D Scythes which were described as a multi shot weapon but it could still Pen vehicles on a 6. Wraithblades are only 1A base (sadly) but looked like they could go either 2 CCW(no idea on stats of their weapons, but they appeared to have sword/axe options) or 1 CCW + Shield gen arm.

- Wraithguard are definitely S5 T6, Lord is almost certainly not T6 (a full unit of Destroyers shot one in the report and did nothing, which suggests T8 or some other equivalent buff). No idea on the stats for the Knight.

- It looks like Aspect Warriors have the same base profile, include Exarches with Ld9

- Reapers have Slow and Purposeful

- Rangers have WS4. They also have a character (not sure if he is upgrade or HQ) who has a 120" range Sniper Rifle.

- One of the fliers has 2 Heavy D Scythes on the wings and a psychic based main gun. The other has 2 Bright Lances and a Pulse Laser.

- Saw stats for what looked like special weapons for characters, might have been for Special Characters as well since the 120" range sniper was in there. One weapon was +2S, AP- Melee, Rending, Fleshbane, Instant Death. Another was +1S AP3, Soul Blaze, and if you killed anything with Soul Blaze then every unit within 6" of that unit would become effected by Soul Blaze as well. There was also a one use only piece of wargear, which you could use when the character died. On a 2+ you place a S4 AP3 template over the character, hitting both friend and foe, but if you cause at least 1 wound then the character stands back up with 1 wound. Last one I saw was an item which gave the user Fearless, Shrouded, Stealth and re-roll cover saves but they lose the IC rule, which gives people a way to make a Solitare (the name was something to do with the Laughing God).
    Dragons, and Wargear 5-28-2013

FIRE DRAGONS
    Fire Dragon WS 4 BS 4 S 3 T 3 W 1 I 5 A 1 Ld 9
    Fire Dragon Exarch WS 5 BS 5 S 3 T 3 W 1 I 6 A 2 Ld 9
    Wargear:
    Heavy Aspect Armor (3+)
    Fusion Gun
    Melta Bombs
    Special Rules:
    Ancient Doom
    Battle Focus
    Fleet
    - 5 Dragons 110 points
    Options
    up to 5 more at 22/model
    1 Exarch upgrade 10
    Exarch may take Dragon's Breath Flamer for free or Firepike 15pts
    Exarch may take up to two of the following exarch powers:
    -Iron Resolve 5pts
    -Crushing Blow 10pts
    -Fast Shot 10pts
    May use a Wave Serpent as a Dedicated Transport.

WARLOCKS
    WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I5 A1 Ld8 Sv-
    Psyker Lvl 1
    Fleet
    Witchblades

REMNANTS OF GLORY
    Shard of Anabis: combat weapon, +2S Ap- Rending, Vauls Work.
    Vauls Work = bearer has fearless, In challenge bearer has Fleshbane and Instant Death

FireSabre: combat weapon, +1S ap 3 Soulblaze, Wildfire
    Wildfire; whenever soulblaze inflicts an unsaved wound it arcs to all units within 6 on the roll of a 6

Spirit Stone of Anath'lan: Allows a Psyker to reduce the cost of a power by 1 warp charge to a minimum of 1, If he does it he can't use the Runic armour's Invunerable save.

Long Rifle: 120" Sx Ap 3 Heavy 1 Sniper

Mantle of the Laughing God: IC loses IC rule but gains Hit and Run, Shrouded and stealth and can reroll failed cover saves

Faolchu Wings: Run up to 48" in the shooting phase, can't shoot, charge into combat or cast shooting psychic powers. reroll failed cover saves until the next turn

Phoenix Gem: When model dies roll a d6, on a 2+ place a large blast marker centred over the model, All units take a number of hits equal to the number of models under the template, a S4 Ap5/3, any unsaved wounds and the model gets back up on one wound, this is a one use only thing.

VEHICLE UPGRADES
    Ghostwalk Matrix (in a squad this one is on all or none)
    Spirit Stones
    Holo-fields
    Star Engines
    Vectored Engines
    Crystal Targeting Matrix (Basically fire one weapon first to get a hit that will twin-link the rest of the models weapons at the target)

Shuriken Weapons
    Bladestorm rule - auto-wounds on a roll to wound of a 6 with AP2. Ranges unchanged.
    Last edited by Bigred; 05-28-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: latest scoop added
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ooooooooooooh! That's an interesting list.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Character for Avengers? In addition to their Phoenix Lord?

Not sure I buy that.

CC Wraithguard could be fun.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Character for Avengers? In addition to their Phoenix Lord?

Not sure I buy that.

CC Wraithguard could be fun.
    The last batch of rumors (which I'm not sure are still "valid" or not) had something called a "Xentarch" for all of the major aspect shrines.

Could be what they're talking about.

Also - the fact that there's no new jetbikes isn't cause for immediate concern. We need to see what GW does with the old Chaos minis that are already released and see if they get revamped. I know that all of the "New" units will get models first (because the studio is determining what units go in the books these days) probably to keep people like Chapterhouse from making a model in its stead.

Yup. Or it could be a noted exarch or something. I approve, the Path series showed there was considerble variation in shrine tactics, some mechanism in the codex for allowing that and a character or two to highlight it would be lovely. Probably just going to be a super autarch, I'm fine with that too. Just want more pretties to buy...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

You've had enough pretties. *takes pretties off of you*

Pfft you don't know where my pretties are and it would take more than one person to take 60,000 points of eldar away. Not to mention you wouldn't survive the attempt.

Oh really? Sounds like a challenge to me.

Also, I know where to look.

I wouldn't take them away anyway, you can when I kill them.

First-Captain

New Eldar jetbikes or ain't buying any thing.

Librarian

mmmmm eldar titbits
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Page 1 of 300 1231151101 ... LastLast