BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 63 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Farseers down to 2w. As of our current understanding, roll on tables. Also, runes of warding nerfed (who knows how badly)

Means you don't get to choose your powers. If you can't choose your powers, you can't use army builds which rely on having certain powers. This just adds up to a big ol' nerf to farseers.

PLs also get nerfed - lose EW.

What these rumors add up to are nerfs to units which were already not good, or not good enough.

The only way this list would be ok is if the power table had fortune as a primaris power - if fortune still exists.

Fly Lord

I would assume rolling for powers will be the norm for 6th. Everyone else has to roll, so I assume the Eldar will have to as well.

As with all rumors, don't panic. Rules can't be properly analyzed without point costings.

But the bigger picture is that rules rumors are dropping like flies - that means the Eldar are very, very close.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Battle-Brother

Should these rumors prove to be true...

Not so concerned with the 2 wounds...I would guess more than 50% of the time my Farseer dies to a S6+ attack anyway.

Random Powers...well that just makes the Autarch seem that much more appealing.

Phoenix Lords have not hit the table for me in ages...take away eternal warrior that is just another generation of dust to collect on them.
    Rangerrob

2W farseer and rolling for powers won't be a big deal if you also have a bunch of single wound warlocks casting powers every turn too! Expect to see half a dozen dudes all with powers casting all over the place instead of one dude being the cornerstone of your whole army!

What I want to know is if the Autarch and Avatar will become viable?
    If by taking enough Warlocks you don't need a Farseer that opens up other interesting HQ choices that have been abstent for a long time...

Best case scenario Farseers are chosen like Heralds or Homunculus... Again I'd happily roll for powers and only have two wounds if it meant 2-4 seers per choice.

Try to think abstractly about the rumors instead of having a knee jerk negative reaction for once. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th edition books all did really well.

I wish that they'd just stop moaning. Just once.

They are finally getting a new Codex, and they moan about it. Y u do dis?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I will say that the dual kit rumor I think is most credible is a guardian bike/shining spears box. Our bike models suck and the riders have no poses, they came out in the late 90s. I've been tempted to get the Dark Eldar bikes for my Shinning Spears, but I'm waiting until next month to see what my options are.

Veteran-Sergeant

If the rumours of Kelly being the author then I wouldn't worry too much, as I understand it he is a big Eldar fan and I can't see him buggering up his favorite army.
    Pack it up, pack it in, Let me begin, I came to win, Battle me that's a sin, I won't tear the sack up, Punk you'd better back up

Chaplain

Yeah, I keep telling myself to not panic. It's just a little scary when there are nerf rumors talking about your go-to HQ... the HQ that has been pulling a win out of her butt for about 15 years. It induces the kind of panic like if you went to a space marine player and started rumors about them being reduced to 3 toughness.

When a codex is as in-need of upgrades as the eldar codex - when 2/3 of most FOC slots go completely unused because they're so out of date, bad, or broken, and the rumors mostly detail lateral-changes or nerfs, gosh. That's concerning.

It's not even a rumour.

It's some tit's 'hunch'. And by hunch, I mean 'load of old bollocks'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks