BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 64 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

I'd argue that the Farseer being the default HQ choice meant that for some time the Avatar and the Autarch weren't well balanced.

As always I want tough choices and multiple army builds open to all three main HQs.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

According to the tracker:
    Tastytaste at Blood of Kittens - Total rumors: (86 TRUE) / (8 FALSE) / (12 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

His 'hunches' or 'speculation' are 86-8-12

Going back to the subject of TL weapons on the Wraithlords and War walkers, I could see GW taking a leaf out of the new Tau codex and having two prices one for single weapons and one for Twin linked. Then you pays your money and takes your choice.

And?

The dude said hunch. And it all seems fairly.... Odd. There is no reason, or established trend in recent books, to reduce character wounds.

No mention of an army wide special rule, which everyone else has.

And credit it to the dude. He did say its a hunch, rather than trying to pass it off as known information.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

And -

When he says hunch, historically, 81% of those hunches turn out right.

In that case...

I have a hunch Imperial Guard will get a new flier.
    I have a hunch Tyranids will get a new book.
    I have a hunch that something entirely predictable will occur.

There we go. Three hunches off the top of my head. Three out of three. 100% record right there.

Not rumours. Hunches. Exceedingly generic guesses. Doesn't mean a thing.

2W Farseers? Nope. Don't buy it.
    Random psychics for Warlocks? They had that in 2d Edition, and 6th Ed is bringing back many old favourites.
    Eldrad being a pokey psyker? Whoddathunkit!!!

And it's the stuff he was wrong, or outright vague about that is of most interest...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I'd argue that the Farseer being the default HQ choice meant that for some time the Avatar and the Autarch weren't well balanced.

As always I want tough choices and multiple army builds open to all three main HQs.
    The Avatar himself is still a nice choice but he can't be by himself in an assault. He needs support but all of our close combat squads have been hit hard by the 6th changes to close combat. This results in me just taking a farseer and using a shooting army.

I would love to have tough choices when building an eldar army

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Nerfing of the psychic powers.
    Never said nerfed. For all you know, they could get a 24" str 8 AP2 Nova power for their Primaris, or something absurdly good. Ok, maybe not that good, but the point is if you want traditional Eldar buffs you've got Divination (and don't be one of those 'oooh, no Fortune, Divination is terrible' people), if you want debuffs you've got Telepath (several of those powers are stupid good), and if you want offensive powers that's what the Eldar powers will be for apparently. So Eldar will have the best selection of psychic powers in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Introduction of randomness to Eldar psychic power selection.
    Have you even read a 6th ed codex?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And?

The dude said hunch. And it all seems fairly.... Odd. There is no reason, or established trend in recent books, to reduce character wounds.

And credit it to the dude. He did say its a hunch, rather than trying to pass it off as known information.
    Do you know TasteyTaste in real life? I'm like 99% sure that Bigred does, and even if he doesn't I know Goatboy and a bunch of the other BoLS guys do, so if they say his hunch is really a "hunch" *wink wink*, I'd believe them. And since I've met TasteyTaste a couple times myself, I'll back Bigred up on this.

No mention of an army wide special rule, which everyone else has.
    Who said these rumors were comprehensive? I promise you that he didn't mention every single change in the entire new codex.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

In that case...

There we go. Three hunches off the top of my head. Three out of three. 100% record right there.
    Shouldn't have to write this out, but :
    Quote Originally Posted by BoK record
    As most people realize Daemons will lose both Fearless and Eternal Warrior replaced with 5+ invulnerable and Fear. TRUE
    Eternal Warrior never really made sense in the grand scheme of things anyway because wouldn't Force Weapons be perfect to "banish" Daemons back to the War? SPECULATION

As for Fearless, see a return of "instability" which is going to be close to 5th edition Fearless. TRUE

Taking a look at the Chaos Space Marine and Warriors of Chaos books you can see where this is going. Each Chaos God units will hate a certain other god. This leads into the next rules change right in front of us. Depending on the Daemon's God it will determine the special abilities they get. TRUE

Khorne: Furious Charge TRUE

Slaanesh: Rending, Run bonus, Fleet TRUE

Tzeentch: Re-roll 1s for saves TRUE

Nurgle: Slow & Purposeful, Shrouded TRUE

specific and accurate. he has access to information.

Veteran-Sergeant

Rules rumours aside, I guess what we really want to see are some pictures, I guess that's unlikely to happen as early as we're used to ?
    Pack it up, pack it in, Let me begin, I came to win, Battle me that's a sin, I won't tear the sack up, Punk you'd better back up