BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 300 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Im interested in the part about new rules dealing with the DE. maybe they can use each other's vehicles. Banshees suffer right now from the lack of an assault vehicle and the fact that unless you have one you have to sit outside for a turn rather than the old sit in side and dont move for a turn.

its probably that you cant take certain people with the DE (farseers or characters) which would be annoying...

it would be nice to see a harlequin SC. Such as the solitare.

Chapter-Master

I'm really hoping that the "no new aspects" thing isn't correct since I was enamored with that box art code list that had "Everguard" on there which were supposedly close combat dudes with warp spider jump packs.

I don't know if that box art code list turned out to be a hoax or not but it gave me hope that there would be more than just a "tweak" of the current book (which I would still be ok with)

The only thing that would disappoint me is if they kept guardians the same.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Guardians need to lose 2pts each and gain a 18" range. Weapons platforms need to be cheaper (and maybe able to take more 1 platform for every 10).
    If you can take multiples have a squad leader or upgrade that lets them split fire......

Ill stop wishlisting now
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I think unless Rangers got nerfed into oblivion, no amount of Buffing would make me take Guardians as troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm really hoping that the "no new aspects" thing isn't correct since I was enamored with that box art code list that had "Everguard" on there which were supposedly close combat dudes with warp spider jump packs.
    No reason to assume they're an Aspect though. From the one picture in the 4E codex, they almost look more like a type of Warlock to me.

That "totally legitimate genuine 100% for realsies product list" was purest stuff and nonsense. Two of the armies have now been released and it barely bore any resemblance to the "leaked product code" list. No new greater daemons, for one.

It was a fabrication, like a lot of rumours. Forget it.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Unreliable Lexicanum isn't unreliable when it sources its claims. Also you might try actually reading the article on the eldar War in Heavemn rather than basing your rebuttal on an ucited line from Lexicanum:
    Well, I think everyone's aware of the Eldar version of the War - it's been around for, what, 20 years now? - but I don't see what relevancy that has here. How exactly the Eldar's tales of Vaul, Khaine, Isha and the rest are reconciled with the C'Tan/Old One war has always been a little murky, but that they're describing the same events was well understood, as you've pointed out. The 5th Ed Necron book used the name "War in Heaven" to describe the conflict, which just makes it even clearer.

That the Necron Codex only tells the Necron side of things without much involving the Eldar doesn't mean they're two separate wars. Again, the book's just describing the event from a single perspective, which will be re-told through a different lens in another Codex, as has been the habit of Codexes for a while now (appropriately enough, in the Necron Codex itself, which re-tells a story from the Blood Angels book, and gains a different meaning). The only way I see you getting to the idea of there being two separate Wars in Heaven is that you really want there to be, and you're taking absence of direct contradiction to be evidence.
    Last edited by Lexington; 03-04-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Unless you are arguing that either the eldar or the eldar gods are Necrons, then they are two seperate wars. Because the eldar War in Heaven was between them and their gods.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Why do i have the feeling now "Eldar Rumors" are up that they will release tau first?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 11 of 300 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast