BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 120 of 300 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2994

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Prelimary review time:

Wraithknight: Love it. Absolutely love it. It's big, its eldar, it's gorgeous and imposing. I love the sword, I love the two cannon option. I think it is one of the finest kits GW have released in years.

Wraithguard/Wraithblades: I've never been the biggest fan of the wraithguard, I felt the models looked too slow and cumbersome even for what are supposed to be slow and cumbersome troops by eldar standards. They needed an update. What they got was a superbly executed plastic revamp. The new weapon options is lovely even if not radically different looking and the Wraithblades are amazing. Very intimidating.

Hemlock Wraithfighter/Nightshade Bomber: I love the fighter, it looks so sleek and hunter-like. Also vaguely duck like I admit, I like ducks. The bomber is very sturdy and scary looking. Very elegant flyers, perhaps not as outstanding as the FW Phoenix but better than the Nightwing. I do think the Razorwing may still be in first place on my list.

Illic Wossname: Very impressive.

Spiritseer: Ah. Well. Very nice, nothing outstanding. Slightly disappointed really, it's not quite as outlandish as the old ghosthelm Farseer model but not as imposing as the new plastic Farseer.

Plastic Farseer: Very nice, but in my opinion a missed opportunity. A plastic copy of an existing Farseer basically, when we could have had something different. Like a female Farseer.

A fantastic release, eclipsing in my estimation even the Vampire Counts release and equalling the Dark Eldar release in quality if not quantity.

Pretty much the same here, although a lil' bit more or less satisfied feeling :

Wraithknight : starting to get used to the design, but if i'd buy one, i would let the chest open to see the pilot.

Wraithguard/Wraithblades : not bad... not bad at all. i do like the CC variant, and the new wraithcanon design.

Hemlock Wraithfighter/Nightshade Bomber : absolutly gorgeous. need each version.

Illic Wossname : my favorite release so far. always like the rangers, this miniature is an instabuy for me.

Spiritseer : huh ? sorry? what the hell is that? everything in this sculpture feel old and outdated... i will still replace them with one of my 2 bonesingers miniatures.

Plastic Farseer : for a HQ, they are still insipid. nothing to see here.

from my p.o.v, it's a good beginning, but the dark Eldar release seems to have received way more work on their HQ, Elite or every single others characters.

DexM

probably an extreme longshot , but im hoping they re-jig banshee masks to make them more effective , maybe prevent a unit from overwatch firing when they charge or something like that xD

Quote Originally Posted by deus-ex-makina View Post
    Pretty much the same here, although a lil' bit more or less satisfied feeling :

Wraithknight : starting to get used to the design, but if i'd buy one, i would let the chest open to see the pilot.

Wraithguard/Wraithblades : not bad... not bad at all. i do like the CC variant, and the new wraithcanon design.

Hemlock Wraithfighter/Nightshade Bomber : absolutly gorgeous. need each version.

Illic Wossname : my favorite release so far. always like the rangers, this miniature is an instabuy for me.

Spiritseer : huh ? sorry? what the hell is that? everything in this sculpture feel old and outdated... i will still replace them with one of my 2 bonesingers miniatures.

Plastic Farseer : for a HQ, they are still insipid. nothing to see here.

from my p.o.v, it's a good beginning, but the dark Eldar release seems to have received way more work on their HQ, Elite or every single others characters.

DexM
    Dark Eldar had a 12 year period where they received little to no support. Eldar got an upgrade/revision in 2006 during 4th edition. DE would not see any real updates until 2010. Bit of a difference.

Not to mention the releases for 6th edition have all been pretty well rounded. Filling in gaps and adding new avenues.

EDIT- I too love Illic. Quite a striking model.
    Last edited by Mkvenner; 05-21-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

OK, now for the most important question of all: Who can tell me good things about being able to play my 3d edition Harlequin army again???

There is said to be a piece of wargear that allows an HQ to have Shrouding, Stealth, re-roll Cover Saves, and loses IC status.
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post
    There is said to be a piece of wargear that allows an HQ to have Shrouding, Stealth, re-roll Cover Saves, and loses IC status.
    Hmmmmm..... So I can use my Great Harlequin and call him an Autarch with this shiny new piece of wargear on him? Yes please! I'm thinking I may throw in a couple of Pathfinder squads with Sneaky McBoomstick (the new sniper character)... They'll play well with my harlie jetbikes and 3x harlequin wraithlords!

i just love the new eldar minis. being a eldar player for some time now. know new bikes buyt thats fine my question is will the dire avengers play like a 35 dollar 5 man unit like grey knights. how have they changed them?

Librarian

Am i the only one thinking of doing Wraithblades in a Harlequin style? With the swords and the pos-ability giving them more dynamic action stances, I'm sure they could get some cool poses in there.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Am i the only one thinking of doing Wraithblades in a Harlequin style? With the swords and the pos-ability giving them more dynamic action stances, I'm sure they could get some cool poses in there.
    Am I the only person who hates Harlequins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    I plan on adding a lot to my Corsair/Harlequin army. I keep hoping for new bikes, but may need to kitbash dark Eldar ones.