BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 250 of 300 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2994

on another note aren't wave serpents now really good for tank shocking.

I mean if penetrating hits can be down graded to glances it means you could now reliably kill MC when they death or glory so long as you pass that 2+.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by deaddice View Post
    on another note aren't wave serpents now really good for tank shocking.

I mean if penetrating hits can be down graded to glances it means you could now reliably kill MC when they death or glory so long as you pass that 2+.
    just means no one is ever going to accept, I mean it was always a bad idea to accept DoG with a MC before anyway.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by wayne williams View Post
    this is probably the wrong place to ask but while we are discussing elder units and there rules. what do people think about the forgeworld shadow spectres are they actually usable/ worthwile . I just started painting some as they look nice but not sure if theyl ever get feilded except as proxy figures.

back on topick its nice to see the elder get some love at last planning on converting some shining spears to back up my wraithguard when I get them.
    They can do some nasty stuff. Had a guy deepstrike a unit of 7 termies and shoot with them, leaving them in a nice circle. Ghostlight S7AP2 blast, 2 termies survived (they were lucky) and then jetpacked behind my aegis to hide from incoming.

They are stunning figures and even if they weren't so great I'd find a way to use them.

FW will probably FAQ IA11 to bring it in line with the new codex at some point, hopefully Shadow Spectres will be changed somewhat. 'cos they were mediocre before and re rubbish now. If not I'll use them as Warp Spiders. With Banshees as Scorpions.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    just means no one is ever going to accept, I mean it was always a bad idea to accept DoG with a MC before anyway.
    Why do tank shock rules suck. Running people over with tanks should be awesome.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I hereby inaugurate my first comment in the BOLS forum(s) by asking: what's the status of striking scorpions now? Sorry if it's already been covered specifically, if it has I've missed it, but are they actually viable now?

Quote Originally Posted by Enternet_y View Post
    I hereby inaugurate my first comment in the BOLS forum(s) by asking: what's the status of striking scorpions now? Sorry if it's already been covered specifically, if it has I've missed it, but are they actually viable now?
    Based on the rumours they are definitely viable.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Why do tank shock rules suck. Running people over with tanks should be awesome.
    I still plan on doing some tank shocking if only because if done well you can use wave serpents to 'corral' enemy models together for a ripe flaming or blast weapon.

Librarian

The rumours just seem to have shifted banshees from premier assault unit to premier counter assault unit, keep them back to defend guardians etc and they will be useful. Does acrobat let them assault after they have run?

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Does acrobat let them assault after they have run?
    No it doesn't. And, IMO, it's absolutely obvious that Banshees can't possibly compare in the counter-assault role with Harlequins or perhaps even Shining spears.

BTW, anyone who really wants to use Banshee models should consider using them 'counts-as' Harlequins. Imho, it's much more natural than, say, pretending they are Scorps