BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 300 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

In Rogue Trader the web of skulls was 24" weapon with a -1 to hit at a range of 12-24" S6 -2 save modifier weapon. You picked three targets each within 12" of another target and rolled to hit separately. In close combat it was just S6 -2save.

Chapter-Master

It would fit with Dark Angels if Eldar got some of their classic gear back.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    It would fit with Dark Angels if Eldar got some of their classic gear back.

Shrieker Ammo.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Crystal Targetting Matrix
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Not really understanding the disbelief of new plastic dual aspect kits. Not saying I believe that whoever shot these "rumors" out into the internet actually has any real knowledge on the subject, but its such an obvious guess that it sounds like truth, which might mean it turns out to be actual truth.

Just looking at the recent High elf release you saw a pretty interesting dual plastic kit for 2 elite choices. I don't really understand why people see old metal sculpts moving to finecast as a permanent solution, if anything it suggests the opposite. Moving models to finecast really seems like a stopgap measure between old and new. I don't think anyone wants to keep finecast models around forever, and barring low volume individual models I don't really see it being used very often in the future. Plastic dual kit aspects make perfect sense.

What I don't believe is that you'll see ALL the aspects given the plastic dual kit treatment in the initial release. I'd give it 2 years before we see all of them but I'm pretty sure they're coming down the pipe. Along with what I hope to be a lot of second wave releases for 6th edition armies. (Chaos marines need a serious facelift.)

I'm really not happy with the trend towards HQ units being done in single pose finecast though. It was a real bummer when I found out the tau commander was finecast. I'd love to see HQ units with tons of extra bits and options done in plastic, but I guess its too much effort for a model that people will at most buy once.

a) Because the aesthetic of each aspect is too different to join two in a single box without destroying said aesthetic which is one of the defining features of the army
    b) Jes Goodwin created eldar, loves eldar and is head of the plastics department, why would he butcher his own creation
    c) The usual allowance of plastic kits is already filled by what Hastings said is coming and he is more reliable.
    d) We still see plastic single-unit kits (Pathfinders)

/concise
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

if there are plastic pathfinders I think my fate is sealed...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Fly Lord

My take on the dual kits is that these are not all happening at launch - it would be way too many kits, but its the way forward.

So perhaps one kit at launch, or they all get reserved for waves 2-3 down the road.

GW really has painted themselves into a corner with the Eldar. The Aspects are numerous and somewhat divergent in appearance. But plastic is the future and even finecast is only a stopgap to stop the bleeding and get out of metal quickly. They are going to have to do something, and dual-kits seems to be their answer with all the other armies.

Its obvious that single aspect plastic kits are not the solution, as there are too many aspects and unit sales would be fairly low. If it came down to it, I believe GW would do some slight ret-conning to make combo-kit aspects work. Manufacturing realities come way before fluff when push comes to shove.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

It isn't background though, it is aesthetics. Changing the appearance of the Aspects would be like dropping the shoulder pads from Marines.

We already have plastic Dire Avengers and plastic characers, I don't see why it would be a stretch to see other single Aspect kits. Give them a whole heap of new options and perhaps an autarch/phoenix lord allowing them to be taken as troops to help boost sales.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I could see combined kits personally to be honest, I think they could make enough variation in bits for a five man box.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.