BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thanks for the compliments guys :P

Finally got the extra armour done on the Rhino chasis.

Now im wondering how to paint it up... should i go and decided you get to choose !
    A: all the white parts yellow rest of the rhino grey
    B: all the white parts grey with lower parts yellow and the tank itself grey
    C: follow the Imperial Armour way of painting (diagonal bars on front and back)

Its up to you so help me to decide!!!
    (that is leave a comment)

i was just fidling around with an army list. Now its not going to be competative but more for fun play. Let me know what to change

HQ
    Chaplain - Digital Weapons , Jump Pack, Plasma Pistol,
    Lord Commander Culln

Elites
    Dreadnought - Missile Launcher , Twin-Linked Lascannon
    Terminator Squad - 2x Chainfists, Heavy Flamer, 8x Terminator, Terminator Sergeant

Troops
    Scout Squad - 9x Scout, 8x Boltgun, Heavy Bolter Scout Sergeant -Boltgun, Combat Blade, Teleport Homer
    Tactical Squad - Apothecary Sergeant, Heavy Bolter, Meltagun, 9x Space Marine, Drop Pod -Storm Bolter
    Tactical Squad - Apothecary Sergeant, Heavy Bolter, Meltagun, 9x Space Marine, Rhino - Extra Armour
    Tactical Squad - Apothecary Sergeant, Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun, 9x Space Marine, Rhino - Extra Armour

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad - Plasma Pistol, Plasma Pistol, 9x Space Marine, Space Marine Sergeant, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon
    Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missilee Launcer
    Stormtalon Gunship - Assault Cannon, Twin-linked lascannon

Heavy Support
    Devastator Squad - 2x Lascannon, 2x Plasma Cannon, 4x Space Marine, Razorback - Extra Armour, Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma Gun
    Space Marine Sergeant - Chainsword, Storm Bolter

Brother-Captain

Good stuff, man. Nice colours, and great plasticard-fu there.

As for colour scheme on the vehicles. I wouldn't stick too close to the standard odd-plate-painting. Get some decent masking tape and define a pattern of your own; some horizontal or vertical striping. Perhaps a single fat, or two finer chevrons. Or perhaps the four corners in yellow? Go nuts man, look at some race cars and tuned-up cars for perhaps an interesting dual-tone layout and have at it!
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

well it has been a few days so lets post some progress and a little new project i started.
    Starting off with my finished commander Culln:

Since i was missing a good head i decided to go for a helmeted Commander, this is a "detail" shot of it

No decent commander leaves home without his fasionably draped curtain around his shoulder!

This was fun: REAL biblical text on the shoulder drape(thingy)

And my new project, new armour upgrades for my rhino's.
    Though the last one looked pretty cool and took little to no time to fabricate i was shocked by the way it looked painted. it was just horrible!! so i took my crafting knife and a pair of pliers and tore the whole assemly off!! i found a nice template -thx ron from FTW- and used this as my main guide. here are some pics of -an almost standard complete- side.

Chapter-Master

Man... you just don't stop.

You're doing Red Scorpions now... and I'm doing Exorcists now. What can I say? Imperial Armor > Dawn of War.

If I'm ever in your neck of the wood, I'm bringing my Exorcists. We'll have to find someone who plays Red Corsairs and beat up on him.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

@ electric: hahaha thats one that stands!

ok so after fiddling around with my zone mortalis project and reading the mandatory imperial armours for some background i decided, since the zone mortalis will be displayed in a local game store, to also build a small red scorpions force to go with it the force will be around 750 points strong with all the limitations in effect So you wont see any vehicles in this list.

HQ
    Captain: Artificer Armour, Combi-Plasma, Hellfire Rounds, Melta Bombs, Relic Blade

Elites
    Sternguard Veteran Squad: 2x Heavy Flamer, 2x combi-flamer
    Space Marine Sergeant: Plasma Pistol, Power Fist

Troops
    Scout Squad: 3x Boltgun, Heavy Bolter
    Scout Sergeant: Boltgun, Combat Blade, Melta Bombs

Scout Squad: 3x Boltgun, Heavy Bolter
    Scout Sergeant: Boltgun, Combat Blade, Melta Bombs

Tactical Squad: Heavy Bolter, Meltagun
    Space Marine Sergeant: Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon

As you can see thats alot of flamer weapons and meltabombs and there is a good reason for it. i will be playing against a lot of horde parties (eg nids, imperial guard and orcs) and i found out that flamers are pretty effective in confined spaces. the melta bombs are used for breaching doors and blow the occasional walker to the next dimension. Only problem i was having was really the scouts, Red Scorpions are not fond of these guys (well the infiltrate rule and stuff but really wanted to have a higher body count and since they are all armed with boltguns and H. bolters it should not really pose a problem to get some shots off with them, after all they got bolters.

Captain seemed the most logical for me at this point. low point cost and plenty of gear options, artificer armour gives him a decent save, combi plasma for the BLAM in someone's face, hellfire round to clean up any messy elements and offcourse the relic blade to finish it all off.

Sternguard are my main hitters, 2 heavy flamers and 2 combi flamers will be ace! cant wait ti see these blokes in action. Was thinking about arming them with all plasma. So 2x Heavy plasma's and 2x combi-plasma just to annoy the occasional terminator or terminator like character and really give them a run for their money.

Tactical squad is just pretty basic, 10 man squad with the option to break up in 2 combat squads. Melta gun to get walkers and breaching doors, heavy bolter to lay some suppressing fire in corridors. sergeant has a power weapon and a plasma pistol to get rid of any nasties comming to close. this squad will also have boarding shields to give them a bit more of an edge (and they look cool ).

Yesterday i started painting my sternguard squad and really could not find a cool grey color to fit them so i decidedto mix up my own and am pretty amazed with the colour i came up with. I really didnt like the ash grey version and the light grey was to light for me. so i dumped in a little blue giving them a blue-ish grey armour which i really like

-update-
    Im taking it a bit slow at the moment but will update my plog as often as possible.
    Yesterday i printed out my transfers and found out that transfers on a white backing are .. well crappy to apply on models. so after fiddling around a bit trying to make round badges from greenstuff (which failed) i decided to go the easy way. paint a circle paint it white and apply a transparent transfer on that. this was just for the shoulderpads by the way.

As you can see all the marines in the next few pictures all have the same chest fronts. i really love these since you can file down grill which gives a nice spot for a mini scorpion insignia. I decided to make all my marines this way and ordered 50 from my local bitz supplier. i also ordered 50 MKVII helmets which with a minor conversion will be pretty close to MKIV helmets.

The kneepads also have the squad number noted on the right. this was also done with a transparent waterslide.

Now for the pics:

Last pic is of a trial with greenstuff to make the MKIV helmets im planning to make for my whole army.
    Last edited by olberon; 01-27-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast