BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Yep, I'm unresponsible. What up?
    Your statements speak for themselves.

Now you see, if you had simply worded it like Wittdooley did, then I might consider your statement. But no, you've just come out on an all-out attack against me.
    He is clearly much more gentle than I am, but it is nice to see you still stroking people regardless of the situation. You must have forearms like Popeye.
    Last edited by Rapture; 11-06-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    Not to go off on a tangent, but there is a store roughly three minutes away from my work, which would otherwise be the most convenient shopping location to me for hobby and supplies and the perfect place to get a quick game in after work. On at least three separate occasions, I ran in there looking for a quick paint or glue and encountered a political argument so repulsive that I stopped going there entirely. I hate when politics invades my escapist hobby. Except when someone on this forum posted an immense eagle pic that I had to scroll several screens over to see in response to a post. That was hilarious.
    Oh, I don't know if I'd want to do it at an LGS either; that's why I think a forum like this is a pretty solid place. When I've started them, I try to title them appropriately so no one 'stumbles' into them. Additionally, I make every attempt to be reasonable and, above all, open to other viewpoints.

Remember everyone: You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. And it tastes better.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    You must have forearms like Popeye.
    Why thank you, you are such a gent. I have been working out lately, glad to see that it's being appreciated.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Banned

Bad jokes are a terrible way to change the subject.

I was referring to your need to ingratiate yourself with people who you think are 'cool' or will support you. It is not a desirable characteristic, especially in a forum moderator. It creates and promotes the bias that you yourself just admitted to having and being influenced by.

I'm not influenced, I tell people like Psychosplodge or EldarGal off for their comments or derailments or whatever. I do it discreetly, like I do everyone.
    Why would I call someone out and embarrass them like that? That's harsh. No, I prefer to have a quiet word.

Banned

Really?

2ND EDIT: OrksOrksOrks, that opinion is a shame, I used to overlook things that you posted because I thought you were cool.
    You cannot squirm out of what you just said a few minutes ago.

Oh trust me, I overlook more than I should, I just casually cover it up most of the time because it leads to less arguments.

For example; given the amount of complaints that I have received regarding your behaviour, I could have easily banned you. I have not.

Banned

Shifting the focus of the scrutiny is also a terrible way to change the subject.

Please. The number of complaints is indicative of nothing, it is the nature of the complaints and the actual conduct that matters. If you had a legitimate reason to ban me, then you should have. The same goes for anyone else. The fact that you did not shows that my activity was perfectly in line with what is acceptable. I participate in the most heated discussions, but I have not, to my recollection, been directly reprimanded.

I hardly think that insulting someone's beliefs was appropriate, but hardly ban worthy.

Anyway, I am done talking. Trying to play Halo 4 here...

Banned

You did nothing to defend your blatantly inappropriate action and did not address any of the criticism regarding your admittedly inappropriate conduct. The best you can do is a cat picture?

Even seeing some of you behavior up to this point, I am still surprised.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast