BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Another Announcement (AA)

For those of you that can vote, vote!

For those of you that live in the Imperium: GET BACK TO WORK!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Already voted... like a boss.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Librarian

I voted for the Labour party last election because I hate the Liberal, national and country parties. I put them, and the Rev Fred Niles right wing Christian party last.

Oh, you were talking about the current USA elections! I thought you were talking about some place important like Australia the lucky country. LOL
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

I voted Labour because I couldn't stand a misogynist as a prime minister.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I voted Labour because I couldn't stand a misogynist as a prime minister.
    kinda sucks that you we've got a prime minister that both supports peter slipper and his vile texts about women and stabs penny wong in the back for being a female, gay and the only labour politician whose actually doing her job.

note: Quite frankly I dislike all our pollies passionately but I think lately the gillard government has enacted several stupid policies that have lost them my vote.

Chapter-Master

No doubt, I agree. It was really "pick your poison" in both the Australian and American elections this year.

Brother-Captain

That really is what it was... I was down to the last minute thinking "who do I hate least"

Veteran-Sergeant

I didn't get to vote cause some a** hat decided that absentee ballots should be delivered via carrier pigeon to people fighting oversees.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Animus Silvanna View Post
    I didn't get to vote cause some a** hat decided that absentee ballots should be delivered via carrier pigeon to people fighting oversees.
    Yep. The Democrats did a good job suppressing the military vote here in the USA. Lowest voting levels from the Military in decades. Worst thing about it is our liberal media is saying nothing about it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by templarboy View Post
    Yep. The Democrats did a good job suppressing the military vote here in the USA. Lowest voting levels from the Military in decades. Worst thing about it is our liberal media is saying nothing about it.
    I've done some reading about this and I really don't think the issue is that clear. As I understand it, the accusation is quite muddy. The same guy who originally made the accusation has written previous articles praising the Obama administration's efforts to do the exact opposite, making sure that the process of counting military votes was streamlined. The accusation - from what I've read so far - doesn't include a clear mechanism for how Obama is the one responsible for making sure those votes were not counted.

I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand - our electoral process is completely f^cked - but I don't think this case is clear.

To be entirely honest, it's certainly not as clear as, say, the intent behind Ohio and Pennsylvania's voter ID laws and the way they were enforced, or Florida's willful failure to properly fund polling stations in urban areas. Or, for that matter, the county in Texas that sent out an election notice in English and Spanish where the Spanish half told voters the wrong date.

Personally, I'm rooting for a nonpartisan voter commission and federal control of elections. You know, the way almost every other first world country on Earth does it.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast