BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    the alarm bells rang for some after it was claimed by a Republican election monitor in Pennsylvania that some machines were not recording correctly.
    The funny thing is that I went looking for more information, and all I found visual proof of was touchscreen displays recording votes for Romney instead of Obama. So we've got a guy saying the opponents had an unfair advantage, and the only thing I could find showed the opposite. The issue appeared to be a touchscreen calibration to me, and not some sort of tampering plot.

PA has this voter complaint system, and they gave out some numbers on the received complaints. They don't say where the incidents took place, but the thing that struck me is that there were more complaints of voter intimidation than of machine malfunction or tampering.

Our biggest problem as a nation isn't that our process is screwy or broken, it's that everyone(read as: loudest minority/majority at your location) is so opinionated, bigoted, racist, or angry that they don't want a fair and balanced system, they want a system that gives them the outcome they want. Right now there are a lot of Republicans saying that the electoral college system is crap, but in reality it won the Republicans a Presidency just a few elections ago when the Democrats who lost wanted it gone.

The problem in the US is that as a population we can't all come together and work as neighbors regardless of our views, understand that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions and make compromises that are beneficial to all, so instead nothing happens.

I, for one, assume that at some point in the future some election is going to go really bad, and the Emperor is going to get tired of it and start the Unification Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    The funny thing is that I went looking for more information, and all I found visual proof of was touchscreen displays recording votes for Romney instead of Obama.
    I wasn't saying I bought into it, just that someone not familiar with how completely Democrat some neighborhoods of the Rust belt are might seize on that and see it as systematic fishiness. I'm a software engineer by trade and have spent 10+ years of that building software for Big 4 accounting firms. The cavalier attitude shown towards auditing and verifying electronic voting machines by some proponents of electronic voting is very scary to me.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    But then people in big states have less of a vote than people in small states. I don't want my vote to be diluted by all those losers!

Let's just go to a popular vote. That way I can actually have a freaking say in how gets to be president, rather than casting my meaningless everyone-knows-how-California-will-go-vote every four years.
    Well that could work except you would have the same problem as now. You would have the people running for office only focusing on states like Texas, California, New York, Etc. LoL idk how to fix it but its definitely broken and someone needs to look at probably someone more qualified then myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123