BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: RT Era Marines

Battle-Brother

Default RT Era Marines

With the Horus Heresy FW books on the way, I have been/started hoarding unused sprues of the old Rouge Trader Era plastic marines (and bits). I scoured ebay, bits places at cons...gaming group bits boxes...

I was thinking about doing a Hersey Era army...maybe world eaters or luna wolves.

Once upon a time I had a huge army of those old models that were painted horribly, but I broke it into chunks and sold it off. Now, I have fresh models to work with...and painting skills at least worth putting in the effort.

I was hoping to convert them using a mix of the original parts and newer weapons, but the scale is much different. In fact the old marines are much smaller than the contemporary models.

Before I dig in...any advice? Anyone brought those old school models into play with today's bits? Should I try and trade them for cash or newer models?

Librarian

given the scale and obvious skill/machining levels the two dont always mix well

i would say bite the bullet and go full RTB01 and metals, or FW all the way. both are gonna be expensive just you have a little stock pile already

any spare plasma guns feel free to drop me a line,i always need them LOL

I've done it and I like it a lot! I think you need to replace the entire arm to make it look good, all the way to the shoulder pad. It makes them look a little apeish, but still pretty cool in my view.

I have been thinking about RT Rhinos recently and what I have come up for with them is a base made in the shape of a newer Rhino (those vehicle destroyed templates look good for this). I figured I would magnetized the Rhino to the base and then I have a taller RT Rhino and a template for when it is destroyed!

Here is a link to some of the RT guys I did:
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1798&d=1332721903[/url]

I've been thinking about this same thing. I have to say, the new arms on the old models look surprisingly good...

Librarian

wow wargoul those guys do look really cool, all the guys i have seen looked weird with new parts put on them

Thanks guys!

What I found was new equipment on old arms looked pretty bad. Like I said, you have to replace the whole arm all the way to the shoulderpad. I like the old backpacks too. I have a whole army modeled up, just the one squad painted up so far though...

First-Captain

Keep it all original. That is all.