BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Discount Warhammer Sites

Christmas is getting ever nearer, and I'm just wondering what the general consensus is for buying Warhammer these days? My wishlist on the Games Workshop comes to a dizzying amount, so are there any discount sites people would recommend?

I live in the UK if that helps.
    Thanks

Chapter-Master

Total Wargamer are pretty good for discounts, they often have 25% off sales at the weekends - but that doesnt factor in p&p, but it's the best I've found. They can be quite slow with sending stuff out though, at times it's taken up to nearly 2 weeks before packages are dispatched.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Fly Lord

No attempts at quality or age judgements, the "mainline" sites are:

TheWarstore (United States)
    Wayland Games (UK)
    MiniWarGaming (Canada)
    Spikeybits (United States)
    DiceBucket (United States)
    MiniatureMarket (United States)
    BoLSMarket (United States) ...sorry couldn't resist...

You can comparison shop and do reviews yourself. Everyone else can feel free to add onto this thread with their favorites and opinions.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

If you're in the US, I use thewarstore.com
    20% off and a flat $6 shipping. I usually get my items within 3-4 days. They also have a big black Friday sale worth checking out.

Brother-Captain

In addition to MiniWarGaming, I encourage fellow Canadians to check out Great Canadian Miniatures.

They are poorer than MWG in a lot of areas: notably, their site is mostly like a text-based catalogue, they don't have any sort of membership/rewards system(s), sales are infrequent, the site is slow to update and the time it takes to receive an order can, on occasion, be considerable.

On the other hand, their stuff is always 30% off MRSP, so they are great for buying anything in bulk.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I would say that Dark Sphere is a pretty good site for it, if you live in the UK. They usually deliver within a week if you use Parcel-Force. Also their prices are 25% normal prices. They have recently stopped and then restarted their delivery service of GW products too. Also there is another company called Rocket Hobbies that do it at 25% too, a little bit longer to deliver though.

TotalWargamer are incredibly slow but they are cheap. i've had 3 orders off them and on two of those occasions it taken me reminding them about the order after a month to dispatch it. i would recommend [url]http://www.wargamestore.com/[/url] or Dark sphere though. both very good.

Librarian

i normally use [URL="http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/"]http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/[/URL]
    this site also has a retail store that is relatively local to me so i tend to use, they are dead helpful and friendly to boot!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Occuli Imperator

I agree with the posts about TotalWargamer, I've had stuff arrive the next day and I've had things arrived two weeks later directly from GW
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Avoid Wayland if you're after Christmas stuff, they won't get it to you in time now, I've never had anything from them delievered within 8 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast