BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default new GW Wall of Martyrs up for pre-order

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod1770002a[/url]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall of Martyrs.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	3229
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m2770197a_99120199025_ImperialDefenceNetwork01_445x319.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	3228  

Banned

I didn't know the price until now. Maybe they could have shaved it a little if they didn't bother sticking Cadian corpses all over it.

Brother-Captain

It's how we hold the line.

"Sons of Cadia! We do not hold the line: WE ARE THE LINE!"

Though assuming this is the same high-quality plastic they use in their Aegis lines and bastions, I think that's probably a reasonable price. Not one I will be paying, but really, I think the pieces themselves are pretty damn cool.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one who's noticed that the Shock Troopers are on the outside of the fortifications? They work just fine for Imperial fortifications that have been taken by a xenos army and held against a concerted Cadian counter-attack.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 11-09-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Daemon-Prince

Wish i had money atm...that trench would make an awesome building to use with my guard........(It would also troll anyone trying to charge you...)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

I have a sneaking suspicion the pieces (Bunker, Emplacement, Line) will be available separately later.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    It's how we hold the line.
    Those corpses make it very characterful, but it just hurts the versatility too much. They make the same mistake on a lot of their kits (like with the skulls on the RoB board or the massive reapers on the FoR).

Eh, I don't know. I mean, honestly, who else builds trenches and bunkers? Orks, I guess, but ... I'd rather have an Imperial-built trench to orkify than have GW actually sell an ork trench. Space marines, eldar, necrons, tyranids, and Tau aren't really the trench-building types. Bunkers, maybe, but I like the addition of bunker strongpoints to the trench system.

I was initially against the bodies piled up against the trenches, but on consideration, I like it better than pristine sections. And the fact that a bunch of Imperial Guardsmen have died trying to retake the trench doesn't make me feel like another faction can't own it. Yeah, okay, maybe my campaign narrative has no Guard units present on planet for this battle. On balance I'll take that small hit to verisimillitude in exchange for the coolness factor they add compared to bare walls.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 11-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Chaplain

But necrons would have trenchs I reacan, buy they wouldn't do the whole pop in pop out and tau would for sure use trenchs and nids would just eat them OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Necron trenches are actually tunnels, not to mention traps that seem perfectly normal from up above. They're big enough to fly a Monolith through and the top is just thin enough that the moment anyone steps on it they fall through. When they bounce off a Monolith it wakes up, and that one sends out a signal that wakes all the others up - and they all teleport out to the surface and disgorge phalanxes of Warriors and Immortals to slaughter the hapless falling idiot's comrades.

The above fluff has no basis in canon, I just made it up because I'm at that level of sleep deprivation that's equivalent to a 10% blood alcohol so it seems funnier.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast