BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It doesn't. Plasma cannon sponsons can still Gets Hot! you to death, but the executioner plasma cannon itself is perfectly safe.

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Biscuit View Post
    It's the Executioner with Plasma Cannon sponsons.
    It's one of hte things I most fear in 40k, because nothing is safe from it.

Except for flyers. this tank can't hit a flyer.

However, i would agree this variant will kill lots of tightly packed infantry models.

Brother-Sergeant

I use my Vendetta's for taking out flyers. Of course, nobody locally doesn't have the money to field the necron air force, much less want too.

By the way, I have to agree about the Eradicator if by "troops" you mean orks, nids, and guard. If those are your intended targets, I'd rather have an eradicator nova cannon (and plasma cannon sponsons) than an executioner plasma cannon, and you save points, too.

Instead of the nova cannon, I'd rather run Griffons. Barrage doesn't ignore *all* cover, but it does ignore several kinds, Barrage means you can template-snipe models, and it's half the cost. Short of that, I personally like the Punisher w/ Pask, it's an absolute nightmare for infantry and AV 12 or lower vehicles (remember Pask adds +1 to penetration vs. vehicles).
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chaplain

The Exterminator is good for cheap dakka, but the Executioner will roflstomp marines and 2+ saves. An executioner with heavy bolter sponsors can work out too if you're on a points budget, but plasmacannons eat everything if you have the points. Pask optional for the Executioner as the main gun is twin-linked, but not worth it on the executioner.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Occuli Imperator

Either way I would really commend the Pask upgrade, totally worth his points in my BotEC
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12