BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Beautiful paint job

First-Captain

wow that is one of the best Nid hordes I have seen in a long time, the workmanship on the conversions and the paintmanship on them is truely austanding, I tip my virtual hat to you good sir...

I I may get excuted for saying this, but keep those Nid's coming!

Thanks everyone, kind praise indeed.

It was during the Tyranid assaults on the Tau forest world Sha'draig that it sought to evolve the Hormagaunt bio-form. Numerous time it would alter the beasts genetic make-up to counter the individual threats that the Tau threw at them. Carapace armour was improved to counter more powerful pulse rifles, lighter and more agile variants were spawned to weave through the tangled forest and then later on they were bio-adapted to hunt down Kroot. The downside to this constant evolution being they were right back to the beginning of weaker armour and the whole process had to begin again. It is not a decision the Hive Mind takes lightly when it mutates the genome of it's bio-forms but when it is the only solution to the problem it will adapt to overcome.

When Hive Fleet Gorgon was defeated and the three Hive Ships escaped to guarantee the experiences and bio-metric knowledge learned in fighting the Tau it was one of these ships that eventually arrived on Ferron Proxima. This splinter of Hive Fleet Gorgon continued to produce many Hormagaunts, blindly believing that their success on Sha'draig would also transfer to Ferron Proxima. Unfortunately the dry barren deserts were unsuitable for the Hormagaunt species. With little cover to take advantage of quite often the Hormagaunts were destryed before they could close with their enemy. It is believed that many Hormagaunts were then bio-retrofitted with with projectile shooting symbiotes. It was increasingly apparent that the Termagant variant of the gaunt family was far more adaptable and versatile within the Ferron environment.

But once again the bio-magi's studies and theories have been put forward that there may in fact be a vast sea of dormant Hormagaunts within the rapidly expanding Splinter fleet. Hormagaunts of a new nature that may yet be able to overcome the sparsely vegetated environments and survive the relentless defensive salvoes of those unfortunate creatures the Tyranids wish to devour. Only time will tell if these gaunts can be the next evolutionary step in overcoming the obstacles set before it.

Should these new Hormagaunts prove less than the challenge, no doubt the Hive will adapt once again and continue to spawn Termagants based on their past success in the new and varied battlefields of the 41st millenium.

Awesome work! Crisp & clean painting and a really good grasp of contrasting and complementary colours... well either that or you stumbled across a good combo, but either way... looking good
    Iron Hands fanboy since 2008.
    Iron Hands [4k], Brotherhood of Iron [1k], Sons of Medusa [500]

Got back from Throne of Skulls at the weekend clutching this in my lardy fingers:

Hive Fleet Gorgon - Ferron Splinter Fleet done good

that is a gorgeous display.. well deserved award!
    Member of team Zer0Comp and the website www.frontlinegaming.org

Fantastic work mate, the sheer amount of TLC and effort put into your army is clear to see. I also loved the fact that while other armies were simply displayed your army looked like it had infested the cabinet shelf lol.

So what's next?
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Congrats with the award really Great army!!

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    Fantastic work mate, the sheer amount of TLC and effort put into your army is clear to see. I also loved the fact that while other armies were simply displayed your army looked like it had infested the cabinet shelf lol.

So what's next?
    I tried the same thing at the last Throne of skulls, just didn't have the Bastion and Skyshield, instead I crammed every possible Tyrnaid I had in my army. I'd asked the events team if ti was OK they said sure, it's your space fill it how you want so I put about 2,500pts in at least with the trees and and craters and digestion pits. I didn't win and actually thought perhaps going OTT had lost me votes because I can understand some not voting because they feel it's not the army I'm running in the tournament.

Still, this time it worked and it does look more like a diorama, which is making me look forward to my Armies on Parade board which will be later this year. I had planned to do a Fortress of Redemption but will probably hold off on that because I have committed the next 3 months to getting some of my Dark Angels painted. I need a 1,500pt force to knock around with. Then we'll see what leads up to AoP, some cool ideas coming for that one...

Loved your Gretchin army, got a few pictures which will eventually go up on my blog after the battle reports. I particularly like this guy:

Is this still in display in GW HQ in Nottingham? Might have to swing round and give it a closer look then!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast