BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default WIP (feedback appreciated) - Word Bearers Daemon Prince

So I wanted to do something out of the ordinary for a daemon prince model in my Word Bearers. In pursuit of that goal, I have this guy in progress:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121111_185637-1.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	3264

I could use some help on the arms however. I'm really leaning at just keeping him armless, to both make it disturbing as well as preserve the gaping maw as the centerpiece of the model. I have toyed with the idea of tyranid scything talons, Talos arm blades, etc. If I go with no arms, I'm torn on how to deal with the shoulder joints, either blend them with the body using greenstuff, covering the joints under shoulder pauldrons, or something else off the wall. I'd definitely appreciate opinions on this, or on the model in general.
    Last edited by Kaika87; 11-13-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Librarian

i don't know why but i see four arms for this model in my minds eye
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Better, four tentacles
    Some of them hanging a poor guardsmen from his feet?

Chapter-Master

For me, armless says "beast" not "brilliant and insane leader of an army of bloodthirsty transhumans."

Tentacles - or four arms, or weird mechanical arms - could work, though.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    For me, armless says "beast" not "brilliant and insane leader of an army of bloodthirsty transhumans."

Tentacles - or four arms, or weird mechanical arms - could work, though.
    That's actually a good point I hadn't considered. I think four arms plus the wings will end up looking too busy, but I had been very focused on a specific aesthetic. I will have to give some more careful thought to this now, at the very least test fit some limbs and see how they work, visually. Much obliged.

Chapter-Master

have like midgety deformed trex arms! loving the conversion really unique
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

What about trying to use some claws that are as close to the wing arms in appearance as possible, and flip them upside down, so it looks like the thing just hooks enemies with all 4 claw arms(including the wings), and shovels them into that terrifying maw?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    What about trying to use some claws that are as close to the wing arms in appearance as possible, and flip them upside down, so it looks like the thing just hooks enemies with all 4 claw arms(including the wings), and shovels them into that terrifying maw?
    This actually plays towards one idea I had of using Lictor claws (you know the ones) as his arms, with some sort of hand or claw replacing the spiked tip.

So it looks like most people think it should have arms of some sort then. I will have to give this further thought. To be honest, I'm not really liking the tentacle ideas, however.

What's that mouth from?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Brother-Sergeant

Tis the ectoplasma head from the forgefiend kit, with a few of the underside panels cut away and then a lot of greenstuff used to blend it into the body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast