BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Brother-Captain

The Emperor read the Hogfather and developed his plans accordingly.

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow this thread is becoming quite deep. Liking it.

I would imagine that the human psyker potential would allow the Emperor to become godlike (more so anyway) and that it would allow the final removal of all things non-human. Was that something along the lines of His grand plan? It sounds pretty cool but then the problem of "Where do we go from here?" springs up again...

A quick note on what EP was saying earlier about the Astronomican - I can't seem to find much information on the actual state of the beacon. All I know is it's a huge psychic energy blast, shaped and controlled by the Emperor but the thing is how?
    At least now we know it's fuelled by the psychic deaths of thousands of sacrifices but when the Crusade was underway that wasn't happening right? I've been looking for something to explain where/when it began and I've come up with dust.
    Not to mention what's to prevent it from going out altogether?

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

Librarian

ok i cant keep this in any longer. sorry if i spoil the book, but people need to know or we will keep going in circles.

angel exterminatus.
    fulgrim and perturabo have gone to one of the eldar planets where they make soulstones and lay out the dead so they can protect the galaxy from she who thirsts. (i was half asleep after this next bit so memory is a little fuzzy LOL but i remember this bit all too well)

fulgrim is sacrfificing sould in order to become the true demon form, linking the soul stones and prismatica shards (from the primarchs book).
    upon revealing his intent for coming to the world fulgrim tells his brother that the emperor had ascended to godhood eons ago and refused to join the chaos gods, choosing to stay on the 'mortal realm'

there is always the possibility of fulgrim lying, or the gods/demons to him and he believing it, however it answers so many questions. the emperor was created as a god the instant the collective souls of the shaman coallesced, he then chose to stay a man rather than control man from the warp.

as for the astronomican, it is mentioned in a few heresy books that its signal is distorted by the warpstorms, then after magnus' intrusion it appears to stop for a while. most definatly in outcast dead (the fall out of magnus' actions) it is still in action as kai is threatened wiith the hollow mountain as a punishment, and the black ships are mentioned as being in action also, so it would appear the benevolent emperor has been sacrificing innocents for quite some time, and at least the psychic community knew about it (astropaths and navigators)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234