BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default thunder, Thunder, THUNDER...WTF??

CATS hooooooooooo!

an alternative for T-Wolves...as I have no desire to reward GW for bad marketing by releasing a single named character at 41$ (that's all metal) for an obvious 'gimme in spades/best FA option in the codex' kinda choice...

It's just the Lions from the White Lions of Chrace chariots in WFB, and a little bit of patience/GS. (oh, and some Chaos Warrios shields).

I had been wracking my brain for options, ran out the bear rider (who is now my lord with saga of the bear) and couldn't find another bear to save my live (kislevite bear lord was raided for it).
    Then my FLGS GW guy (who had been listening to my lament for a while) handed me the two lions he hadn't used for his Slaanesh Daemon Chariot and said to give em a try.

voila...
    "Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way it is irrelevant"

very very nice though i think the shields would probably lok better on the riders arms. what ur chapter called i really like the colour scheme

Chaplain

Really cool conversion, I bet with a little green stuff you could even turn those cats into suitable-looking wolves!

Hmm, now I'm inspired...

Chapter-Master

I don't think it's fair to call it a bad marketing decision.

First, the Canis model isn't overpriced when compared to the other metal GW models. Do I wish he was plastic? Sure. But no ICs are in plastic.

Second, I'd say there's a very good chance that the Thunderwolf Cav will be released as a kit, hoefully a plastic one with 3 models for around $40 bucks. If there's anything we do know based on the SM and IG codeces, it's that they ARE releasing most models in the books at some point.

Librarian

cool, but I was expecting a Lion-O conversion for the squad leader
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

They look great mate

There's a certain Dethklok song inspiring me... I want to get some made, but I can't afford the bits for a while :S
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Veteran-Sergeant

Superb, excellent so see that those lions work out so well.
    www.astronomican.com/forums _______________ hephsforge.blogspot.com

Librarian

The conversions are awesome. I don't like most split/quartered colour schemes but I like this one.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Witt:
    I think it actually was a bad move on their part.
    It's one of the few NEW units out there, wholly new, that could have sold hand over fist.
    They're solid, they are characterful and they are unique to the imperium (we won't count RoughRiders, no one counts rough riders! jk).
    The potential for a 40/50$ plastic kit that would have sold as fast as Valkyries?
    I remember the new bloodcrushers FLYING off my shelves...and that was one model for 25$...they made a bad call on this one. Will they sell some 6 mo down the line (or so) with 2nd wave releases? yes...Will they sell as many? not even close. And to top it off, Canis is a 'meh' sculpt. 2e pose, heavy metal and one jacked up wolf grill? (better than I could do, I know I know...I am not a green stuff guy... lol).
    I just think this is a ball they really dropped.

PP:
    I stole the paint scheme from a friend of mine. He did a one-off model for a painting competition and wasn't planning on using the scheme again, so I 'yoinked' it. He has a really good eye for color.

My other friend, supplying the extra lions, was a life saver!
    "Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way it is irrelevant"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
    Witt:
    I think it actually was a bad move on their part.
    It's one of the few NEW units out there, wholly new, that could have sold hand over fist.
    They're solid, they are characterful and they are unique to the imperium (we won't count RoughRiders, no one counts rough riders! jk).
    The potential for a 40/50$ plastic kit that would have sold as fast as Valkyries?
    I remember the new bloodcrushers FLYING off my shelves...and that was one model for 25$...they made a bad call on this one. Will they sell some 6 mo down the line (or so) with 2nd wave releases? yes...Will they sell as many? not even close. And to top it off, Canis is a 'meh' sculpt. 2e pose, heavy metal and one jacked up wolf grill? (better than I could do, I know I know...I am not a green stuff guy... lol).
    I just think this is a ball they really dropped.
    Ohh, I misunderstood. Turns out we actually agree. I continue to be confused as to why they don't do ONE big release for each new set. It drives me crazy. Like, why wasn't the SW Battleforce released as the same time as everything else. I wish they would have released the T-Wolves with the 1st wave. We do disagree a bit about the Canis sculpt. I happen to quite like it. I think had the wolf been rearing back, or what have you, it would have been a bit harder to mount well.

Anyways, I like the lion idea, and you did a really good job with them.