BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

I know that colour resin.... that lucius is going to murder your scalpels, and it's very brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I know that colour resin.... that lucius is going to murder your scalpels, and it's very brittle.
    Ha I use industrial quality sheet-rock blades......... They cut through resin as if it were cheese..............
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

You know my position on forging and copyright violations and hell I don't even buy 'Luk' gasoline.

I looked the images over closely on ebay and other than the resin colour which FW used for some of their models (I have a FW Baneblade cast in Axson F16, resin that I'm sure isn't a forgery). I certainly didn't want a knockoff inferior casting.

If you look closely in the far right of the image there are what appears to be the conduits cast in black neoprene and the cooling compartment screen of the proper size and shape. as the original FW models used to come with; not cast resin as they do now.

On receiving the model my son and I inspected the pieces carefully for evidence of recasting but: all the pieces were there, were crisp edged, not warped, and fit perfectly together with no bubbles or missing detail (Hmmm that should have been a clue; FW models don't ever arrive like that.)

If its a copy its damned better than the average original.

I took it to be that someone bought it a while ago, saw it was beyond their modeling ability and wisely put it aside instead of botching it up and finally decided to liquidate it for financial reasons.

Now I see that theres another from the same seller using exactly the same image..............

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Forge-World-LUCIUS-PATTERN-WARHOUND-TITAN-WOLF-PLASMA-TURBO-LASER-/251191546051?pt=Games_US&hash=item3a7c2ed0c3[/url]

which has aroused my suspicions.

Other than the weird colour (the actual model is a much more beige hue similar to the production Baneblade) What is it to you that indicates it is an illegal cast :question:?.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Chaplain

For starters, the components are not in Forge World bags. All of my Forge World purchases have come in those thick Forge World zip-lock bags.

Sorry, the only pic I have....

I've seen some of the Forge World resin come in lighter and darker colors, but not that beige that yours appears to be.

Model purchased at the old Baltimore Battle Bunker.
    Color reference:
    [url]http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetMysteryShadow/Hierophant/01011226.JPG.html[/url]

Seeing that those auctions are coming from Russia, I would suspect that it's a cast.

You might try contacting Forge World directly and asking them about it. (And send them a link to the auction as well!)
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Sorry to burst your bubble... I've bought items from that seller before and they are recasts. Very well done ones I admit.

Chapter-Master

I have had that yellow resin from FW before, though only on smaller kits like Aeronautica aircraft. Mystery.Shadow is right about the FW branded bags though. Don't think I have ever had any FW kits without those.

Now comes the moral question; what do you do with the actual kit? No point returning it so the seller can sell it again. Do you build it, knowing it's not an actual FW model which will always be the case any time you look at her? Obviously, without any moral ambiguity you should inform eBay about the seller as it's against their policy (not that it stops many people) to sell mislabelled knock offs. Telling FW is certainly a good idea, but even IF they manage to do anything about it from a legal stand point (not sure on how well Russian authorities deal with copyright infringements like this) it won't stop the guy closing down that eBay account, starting another and doing the exact same thing.

Then again, if he is doing a better job of casting than FW, maybe we all should be buying from him :P
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

As I stated on another forum the lack of bags is not an issue. The first thing I did was inspect and inventory all the pieces and seal them categorized in zip lock bags. anyone receiving a shipment from FW I advise to do the same.
    Regarding quality the pieces are first rate and fit together with a minimum of sanding; much better than any other FW model I have. The seller doesn't accept returns and although I don't approve of copies I did pay a fair amount of money for thinking it was a genuine albeit early production run product; note the neoprene conduit; FW ships resin conduit with their current models.

The text in the ebay page did imply that the model was from FW originally giving the artist and designer by name.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    As I stated on another forum the lack of bags is not an issue. The first thing I did was inspect and inventory all the pieces and seal them categorized in zip lock bags. anyone receiving a shipment from FW I advise to do the same.
    Regarding quality the pieces are first rate and fit together with a minimum of sanding; much better than any other FW model I have. The seller doesn't accept returns and although I don't approve of copies I did pay a fair amount of money for thinking it was a genuine albeit early production run product; note the neoprene conduit; FW ships resin conduit with their current models.

The text in the ebay page did imply that the model was from FW originally giving the artist and designer by name.
    Your titan is most likely recast, but I did want to note that I have some FW models that have been waiting for paint for over 10 years that have discolored over time to that gnarly yellow color. I just want to add that to the discussion. Its like they morphed from FW to Armorcast products in my closet over time.

Its time gentlemen for another helpful hint from Héloise AKA the Blackadder.

Today regarding a bit kitchen esoterica known as a 'melon baller'. This device serves the useless purpose of gouging out spheroid shaped lumps of melon thereby rendering half the consumable portion melon as waste and also eliminating the hazard of a diner cutting his mouth on a sharp edged piece of melon that has been cut into bite-sized but unsightly non-standardized cubes.

Let us now see if this rather superfluous device can be employed to a useful purpose.

As you know I am pathologically fixated on making the joints of my model movable (for whatever purpose but the fun is in stimulating my brain cells with these little problems).

I have searched the hardware stores for thin hollow steel spheres to incorporate into the articulated sockets of the various pieces of model joints.

While clearing out the kitchen drawer I found this little gadget that I don't believe I have ever seen used.

What ho sayeth I, the very thing I seek what's more they are readily available in dollar stores, Amazon and ebay all for a couple of buck each including shipping............ I found the yellow handled one for $1.25 plus shipping $1.63

Just the thing to partner the rare earth magnets installed in the opposite component of the socket.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/PG5KD.jpg[/url]

BTW the brown smutchz in the cup is rust.......... Rust is good; it means the steel is magnetic.

i.imgur.com/CKjgC.jpg

keep you eyes open and check wifey's equipment stash. She may have just what you are looking for............. Ahem..........

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    You know my position on forging and copyright violations...
    Just a thought, but did your Titan come with a 'Certificate of Authenticity' ? I know those can be easily faked too, but it's one more thing that most forgeries don't come with!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12