BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Clothes make the man...

But DO they.....?

I'm wearing a suit at the moment and have been told I look pretty sharp but to be honest I'm not so sure. I don't exactly look like James Bond or anything and to my eyes I look just as good dressed for a night with my mates.
    Besides I hate wearing suits.

So I put it to you good people of BoLS... does a sharp dressed man really make any difference to you? Are you, yourself, a man who prefers to look like you've just walked out of a cologne advert? And does it affect how you see yourself/how others see you?

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

Librarian

i have to wear suits day in day out for work and i now resent having to wear them at any other time. Give me my jeans and a geeky t-shirt at any time.
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Well I know that EG likes suits, I do too to be fair.

Looking smart feels good. Especially when my hair is short and tidy too.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Clothes do make the man.

For instance, I am comprised entirely of TDA's lost socks.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Skinny jeans, particularly with elasticated bottoms, and deck shoes or espadrilles - are the most heinous dress crimes a man can make at the moment. Should only ever be considered by boy bands, and androgynous persons. All other men should realise how unmanly a look this is - particularly if coupled with a stupid quiffy haircut or comedy shaved sideburns.

Clothes let you know a lot about the indvidual. looking smart doth not automatically a square conformist make - neither does looking like a cross between a bizarre magazine centrefold and a David beckham Lookalike, make you an out there, edgy reble taking it to the man - you just look like a metrosexual mouth breather.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

A suit does make the man, and you can tell alot about a person by the cut of their cloth.
    The company I work for is a joint venture between two different companies, you can tell which company the board memebers work for based on their suits, one company they wear (nasty) polyester suits the others don't.

But if you are going to wear one, make sure that it is tailored to you. One of the things I love doing is suit shopping though now my tailed jacket is now too big on me so I'll need to get that altered.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I do enjoy an excuse to wear the suit and proper shirt (with cufflinks not buttons), but then again I don't have to wear one for work.

Other than that, Comfort is the most important factor. Hoody, t-shirt, and comfortable trousers...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Oh yes certainly, like for instance the suit I wear to work is not a suit I would wear out. It also galls me that I am made to wear a suit (or at least shirt & tie) when my female co-workers are not made to dress equally smart. I think it is disgraceful that management considers them to be not as professional as their male counter parts and so doesn't expect them to dress as smart.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Should only ever be considered by boy bands.
    I was in a band, and probably will be again, does that count?

Also Mystery, give me my socks back! *shakes fist*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Mystery cannot give you your socks back, they are somewhat integral to his being.....
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast