BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So if you buy the Wall of Martyrs box seperately it costs £131, so not a bad saving. 24% or so.
    Those defense lines really are fantastic. I do wish there was less dead Cadian going on, but it's certainly something I can deal with.

www.queencityguard.com

As long as this book is better (read fatter on the optional rules and so on) than the campaign book edited last summer for Battle...

Anyone else notice it has "While Stocks Last" on the page?
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Occuli Imperator

nope
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Anyone else notice it has "While Stocks Last" on the page?
    They really need to stop with this. Considering that certain things are completely unavailable online, and can't even be found on eBay, yet I know of a store that has multiples of numerous "Limited" or "While Stocks Last" things sitting on their shelves gathering dust.

The worst part of something like this, is that almost nothing is known about it. Maybe I'd really like this, and maybe not. But if I'm not willing to pony up the money for advance orders on a book that I don't know the contents of, when my last three preordered books have arrived damaged, I may never be able to find a copy if it turns out to be something I'd like.

And, how can you have something that contains new stuff that can be used in any 40K game, that many people don't have access to rules for? Anger meter rising...
    Last edited by magickbk; 11-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.

First-Captain

I clicked buy

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    They really need to stop with this. Considering that certain things are completely unavailable online, and can't even be found on eBay, yet I know of a store that has multiples of numerous "Limited" or "While Stocks Last" things sitting on their shelves gathering dust.

The worst part of something like this, is that almost nothing is known about it. Maybe I'd really like this, and maybe not. But if I'm not willing to pony up the money for advance orders on a book that I don't know the contents of, when my last three preordered books have arrived damaged, I may never be able to find a copy if it turns out to be something I'd like.

And, how can you have something that contains new stuff that can be used in any 40K game, that many people don't have access to rules for? Anger meter rising...
    Yeah it's a real pain because things are often sold out before people have the chance to get the WD issue that comes (out the weekend after?)

I'd probably buy some of this stuff if I could see it in the store, but I don't have enough information about it and I'm not crazy enough to pre-order it on a whim.

If it's any good, hopefully I'll be able to find it somewhere, if not then meh, GW lost the sale.

And I say that as someone who loves the idea of campaign books.

Back on topic; is there any indication if the games are all Imperium Vs Xenos, or will they work Imperium Vs Imperium? I'm assuming it's pretty open format at most games as Space Marine Civil wars, but I'm curious.

I've had 0.0 problem with "while stocks last" going to my local GW. Granted, I don't look for everything, but I think they've got different levels of "while stocks last".

What I DO have a problem with is that now when I can see closer images, those corpses along the foot of the bunker are rather bad looking.

Name:  bunkerfoot.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  2.7 KB
    Last edited by inquisitorsog; 11-16-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Librarian

Book mine now.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Dear local retailer, why do you not open until noon so I can order this through you and support my local store, rather than me ordering it from GW before it sells out online? Sincerely, NockerGeek.
    My Armies: Tau (complete), Chaos Space Marines (complete), Black Templars (2012/2013 project)
    My Blog: NockerGeek.net | Our Podcast: Preferred Enemies - http://www.preferredenemies.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast