BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tanksgiving

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Titans are to easy to kill now, a few well placed shots from some russes that cost half as much will down one. Also....GHOST DIVISION, PANZER ELITE BORN TO COMPETE! shall drop you! (My army is ww2 Wehermacht colors and dkok models...with tons of russes....)
    FYI

That big titan took on 32 leman russes, 7 baneblades (of varying chassis, at least 2 of them were the volcano cannon type) and about 12,000 pts Blood angels and it still won with about 6 structure points to spare.

It puts out 27 Str D Templates of varying size a round. Its *not* easy to kill. I've only killed it once and that was with my eldar force that combined puts out 22 Str D shots a turn and only after I took out all of its 15 void shields with a shadow walker formation with scatter lasers.

You underestimate it at your own peril. And usually while you're focused on killing it, the rest of the damn army is pounding you into submission.

Brother-Sergeant

Scarab swarms tend to trash Titan pretty quickly

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Absolon View Post
    Scarab swarms tend to trash Titan pretty quickly
    We have houserules that did away with silliness such as scarabs being able to bring down a titan. Entropic strike doesn't work against superheavies. We also gave titans ceramite plating while they have void shields still up. As soon as they lose void shields they lose ceramite as well.

Plus, scarabs wouldn't get within 48" of that thing :P

Believe me when I say that I've thought of about 100 different ways to take it down. Seriously. I have. I have to play against it regularly and it regularly surprises me with just how much damage it could absorb. It laughed off 30 fire dragons once (before we implemented the ceramite rule)... when I say laughed off, I mean it pretty much couldn't fire any of its 15 guns next round but it still had a decent amount of SP left. I've charged it with 10 wraithlords before (when they rolled 2D6 for AP) ... that was pretty dumb. After I screwed it up pretty badly, it stomp attacked and killed all but like 3 of the wraithlords.

So far the only solution I've had is the war walker squad. 10 walkers all with scatter lasers firing twice on the turn they pop up (this only works because the walkers actually don't come in from reserve per the formation, if they did, one of the many disruption beacons would relocate them to my table edge)... usually gets rid of all or enough of its void shields. Then the phantom, rev, scorpion, cobra, vampire and sunstorm squad all open up. Its about the only *RELIABLE* method I've used against it.

A pretty cool way of neutralizing it was one time I used phantasm on my phantom ... it opened up fire at it with its opening volley and thus lost its whole shooting for the rest of the turn. I thought that was pretty boss :P

Brother-Captain

According to the internet, Australian Thanksgiving is May 25th... which makes a surreal amount of sense being the antipode and all. We should do a double Tanksgiving in honor of our Australian bretheren. It would also be good since food banks could always use a second dose.

Brother-Sergeant

Truck is packed and tanks are ready. Even managed to get two Spartans put together for the event. Let the tanky goodness begin

Brother-Sergeant

The Cadian 58th return from another successful Tanksgiving of destroying chaos and xenos scum

Last edited by Absolon; 11-25-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12