BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

That still comes from a pretty strongly arrogant place, though. The idea that attractive women have nothing better to do than hunt down and humiliate ME!!!

I'm telling you man, the claim 'she is just teasing us' most likely stems from a knockback.....

Given the arrogance Chris*ta nicely highlighted, it's just the sort of thing a deluded egotist might claim.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I think a lot of geeks are more wounded than that. Or rather, it certainly is arrogance, but I think it's arrogance as a side effect of a wounded smallness. I don't have any data for this, but my personal suspicion is that the kind of geek who sees Fake Geek Girls everywhere expects to be attacked everywhere except for his geekdom, which he views as the one safe place in the universe. When any foreigner enters that space, he expects to be attacked. And how would an attractive female foreigner attack him? Not by verbally belittling him, obviously, since she plainly isn't verbally belittling him. But she must be attacking him somehow; she's a foreigner! So how is she doing it? What attack is coming that he doesn't see? Well, what is she doing? Being geeky! Aha! That's the attack - she's attacking him by being geeky! That f*cking teasing wh*re!

Not the ... most logical chain of reasoning in the world. And certainly arrogant. But also pathetic and small-minded. Extrapolating from my own experiences as a geek who used to expect to be attacked everywhere except for my geekdom, that's my personal guess.

Chapter-Master

The irony being that the sort of geek who sees fake geek girls probably humiliates himself on an almost continual basis, it requires no special effort on the part of others to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    That still comes from a pretty strongly arrogant place, though. The idea that attractive women have nothing better to do than hunt down and humiliate ME!!!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://werepuppy.tumblr.com/post/79165452239/hyenaspotz-i-did-meet-a-fake-geek-girl-once"]Example [/URL]of genuine wild observation.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

My GF has a lot of "Nerd" girls who are your typically Anime/Video Game/Scifi/Fantasy loving cuties, real attractive ladies to boot. They usauly date a nerdy guy who has the same interests and then they cheat on them constantly with people they view as being more in touch with popular culture.

I cant say I'm not without fault as I totally lured my current GF (an anime/comic lover) out of her current relationship with a man who she had dated and lived with for many years, but wouldn't stop playing games/watching movies/reading comics/mangas (I want to point out Skyrim as a big culpirt).

This winter shes coming with me to Japan while I play music for a bunch of insane japanese punks and get really mashed up all over Japan's nightclub scene.

And we can both nerd out on anime/gundams during the day...

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243