BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

lol, that would be amusing...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

No....
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

But...shes.... Gorgeous....brain... Imploding
    Really? You've never seen a pretty girl play games well before? I suggest that any man who reacts that way reveals more about his own small reference pools than he does about the true nature of the world. Which I suggest is where the Fake Geek Girl really comes from.

The true core assumption is that "real" geek girls are ugly. They'd certainly never pull dopey faces, because they're all joyless too. And because a thousand other men with similarly limited experiences all chime in "Yeah!", somehow we get the whole stupid idea of "Fake Geek Girl".

Honestly, the whole thing is based so obviously on blatant aesthetic prejudice derived from very limited personal experience, I have no idea how anyone can defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Really? You've never seen a pretty girl play games well before? I suggest that any man who reacts that way reveals more about his own small reference pools than he does about the true nature of the world. Which I suggest is where the Fake Geek Girl really comes from.

The true core assumption is that "real" geek girls are ugly. They'd certainly never pull dopey faces, because they're all joyless too.

Honestly, the whole thing is based so obviously on blatant aesthetic prejudice derived from very limited personal experience, I have no idea how anyone can defend it.
    I can't tell if White Tiger was being ironic or not, but either way, +1 this post. Also don't forget that "real" geek girls don't even like, want, or know how to be attractive.

Chapter-Master

Next time I see at the flgs, I'm gonna tell Liz that she's either not attractive, or not a nerd. Pick one.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Didn't think she was that hot. And the ability to do lots of actions in a minute doth not a genius make either.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

No, but it's certainly a better indication of geekiness (as are the contents of her walls) than her looks.

First-Captain

Sweet bloody Jesus, is this "debate" still going on?

Though at least it's not the effing frothing-at-the-mouth morons on either side of the gun control issue screaming at each other across the Internet post-tragedy.

It is going to keep going until people stop treating geek girls terribly just because of their own feelings of inadequacy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Fair... But I don't discriminate against female gamers... You're a gamer, and some of my closest female friends are gamers.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast