BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default The Night Children come! - Operation: Vampire Apocalypse

Hi guys,

Agent here with another project log, swear that I'll actually get stuff done this time!
    Right, so, let me lay down the scene...

I've never actually had a full playable Fantasy army, I don't know why... Could be varying factors; Shrewsbury is primarily a 40k playing store, so there aren't many players of Fantasy, the armies are kind of expensive to get a fun-sized army (3000 points?), etc etc

So yeah, after talking with the lovely EldarGal I kinda came to the conclusion that I wanted Vampire Counts, mainly due to Skyrim nonsense and whatnot.
    My best friend suggested some things and helped me build an army list, which I was happy with.

Basically, I love skeletons, they look cool and they act cool. Sure, they may not be as disposable as Zombies, but balls to having 50 million Zombies. *yawn* Boring army is boring.
    So I've kinda gone with a Skeletal Ethereal army here, it even features Krell, because that guy is a boss!

Enough ranting anyway, right, I'll get my army list typed up that I'm playing, then I shall get some pictures of my current progress.

Thanks for reading!

Agent out! (for now)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Pictures!!!

Sorry that the Master Necromancer is a bit blurry, it's late and I need sleep, I'll get a better one of him, but his staff needs work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0106.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	3305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0109.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	3306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0110.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	3307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0113.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	3308  
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 11-24-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Chapter-Master

wow, actual pictures, that's not like you. I like the grey colour scheme you have gone for
    Last edited by Kirsten; 11-24-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

More pictures!

Chapter-Master

Good luck, the massive ranks of infantry are really what puts me off WHF, but I agree with you - skeletons are awesome (why are there tons of vamp/zombie films and so few skellie ones?).

Like how you made stuff look like it's coming up from the ground, simple but should look awesome when painted and flocked or whatever. Can't really judge much beyond that since you havent painted anything yet though but ill check back ^_^
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

@Kirsten - Wow! And after all the compliments that I give you!

@Xeno - Thanks man, I aim to build everything then I can give it a good bone spray!

Still trying to finalise a Vampire House colour...

Chapter-Master

:P
    it wasn't actually a serious comment, nothing I say ever is.

well I look forward to seeing it all painted, should be good

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    @Kirsten - Wow! And after all the compliments that I give you!

@Xeno - Thanks man, I aim to build everything then I can give it a good bone spray!

Still trying to finalise a Vampire House colour...
    I hear ya on the "coloured" undercoats, always found basecoating a main colour after an undercoat to be very tedious and unfun. Are you using the army painter sprays? I love those things.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    :P
    it wasn't actually a serious comment, nothing I say ever is.

well I look forward to seeing it all painted, should be good
    Teehee!

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I hear ya on the "coloured" undercoats, always found basecoating a main colour after an undercoat to be very tedious and unfun. Are you using the army painter sprays? I love those things.
    Nope! I undercoat them with GW Black Spray, then I use my Citadel Spraygun with a mix of Rakarth Flesh and Lahmian Medium, worked wonders for my 'crons.

Chapter-Master

clearly I need to use more emoticons.

there

I use the army painter sprays, got a leather one for my bone chaos, and the silver for my grey knights, really good stuff. I use black undercoat for the iron warriors though, because I want a darker shade.

I do love the terrorgheist model. rising undead is always a good idea, I found that it looks best with a tiny bit of green stuff round each part, just makes the sand/flock/etc. that slightly bit higher like the ground is lifting up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast