BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

I was just wondering about this last night, if a MSS Necron is in a challenge, the wounds of the controlled model go against himself and not the unit he's being accompanied by, right?

Yes. As the mindshackle scarabs rule currently reads (necron FAQ 1 and 3):

“At the start of the Fight subphase, after charges have been made, but before any blows are struck, randomly select a non-vehicle enemy model in base contact with the bearer of the mindshackle scarabs. That model must immediately take a Leadership test on 3D6. If the test is passed, the mindshackle scarabs have no effect. If the test is failed, the victim strikes out at his allies. Instead of attacking normally, he inflicts D3 hits on his own unit (or himself, if on his own or in a challenge) when it is his turn to attack. These hits are resolved at the victim's Strength and benefit from any abilities and penalties from his Melee weapons (the controller of the mindshackle scarabs chooses which weapon he uses, if there is a choice). If he is still alive, the victim returns to the owning player’s control once all blows in that round of combat have been struck.”

Emphasis mine.

Something I have always wondered about MSS, if they succeed against someone in a challenge and he strikes at himself, does wargear he carries that confers a better save count? I am thinking specifically of the Warding staff that grants a 2++ against CC attacks.

Going by RAW, I think it would allow the 2++, but it just seems weird since it is the staff that grants the 2++ yet the guy is bashing himself over the head with it, so how does the staff stop itself?

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    Something I have always wondered about MSS, if they succeed against someone in a challenge and he strikes at himself, does wargear he carries that confers a better save count?
    Yes. There is no such thing, rules-wise, as a "better" save - only saves. As MSS don't deny saves, a model gets its full panoply of saves to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    I am thinking specifically of the Warding staff that grants a 2++ against CC attacks. Going by RAW, I think it would allow the 2++, but it just seems weird since it is the staff that grants the 2++ yet the guy is bashing himself over the head with it, so how does the staff stop itself?
    With ENORMOUS SKILL

Quote Originally Posted by jifel View Post
    If he accepts, smash him, if he declines then the Lord is forced to the back, and therefore not in base contact, so you can mop up the unit.
    thats the rule from fantasy, in 6th Ed the model stays where it is, it doesn't get moved to the back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12