BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default 1500 Chaos Marine Horde + brainstorm

Been playing around with a few ideas, decided to bounce a list off the BoLS loungers to get some feedback on it. I'm planning to use this in future store tournies, so some competitive player feedback would be welcome.

HQ:
    Sorcerer - 160
    Mastery 2, Plasma pistol (it's what he's modelled with), Meltabombs, Gift of Mutation, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Spell Familiar

Troops:

Chaos Marines - 217
    (9) Meltagun, x8 CCW (since the champ already comes with one standard), Veterans, Champion: Powersword, Meltabombs; Rhino
    Chaos Marines - 243
    (10) x2 Meltaguns, x9 CCW, Veterans, Champion: power maul, Meltabombs; Rhino
    Chaos Marines - 258
    (10) x2 Plasmaguns, x9 CCW, Veterans, Champion: power fist; Rhino
    Cultists - 63
    (10) x8 autoguns, flamer
    Cultists - 59
    (10) x9 autoguns
    Cultists -55
    (10) flamer

Heavy Support:
    Obliterators - 158
    (2) MoN, Vets
    Vindicator - 150
    Siege Shield, Combi-bolter, Daemonic Possession
    Havocs - 139
    (6) x4 Autocannons, Vets
    /1497

Tactics: simple, Rhino rush the enemy with 3 rhinos full of crazy traitors, while cultists hold objectives in the back, going to ground when someone sneezes at them, or reserve if the game is kill/victory points. Sorcerer rolls on the Chaos warlord table and twice on Biomancy for lulz, and charges up with the 9 man squad in the bawkz. HS lay down fire to pop enemy vehicles/destroy enemy firesupport. Oblits sit back n shoot or DS depending on board/mission. 59 scoring bodies should be able to wither most fire railed against it, hopefully. :/

My one "discomfort" (not the best word, but w/e) about the list are the AC Havocs. I've never been bound to the internet's love of ACs, preferring LCs instead, but now I'm going all out with them because 10pts each lol. If I run into some heavy armour I might be in trouble if I can't close the distance (see: Manticores).
    Another idea that popped into my head is swapping the Sorcerer for Huron and infiltrating Rhinos full of marines forwards/outflanking Cultists to close the distance faster.

What I'd like is some feedback about the list and some potential shortfalls of the list above, i.e. things that might ruin my day (flyers, hordes?) and what could be done about it to compensate. Just bounce some ideas at me and see if they stick.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Librarian

-I LOVE AC Havocs they are a very solid choice and shouldn't be something to regret.

-I would condense your Cultists Squads into maybe 2 Largish Blobs rather than 3 small squads, at the minute they are just a bit too fragile.

- Plasmaguns on a CC unit isn't worth it, you will either not shoot them and charge, or shoot them and not charge.....

A Flyer heavy list will definitely ruin your day. If you condense your list and drop a few superfluous upgrades though you can take an Aegis Line with Quad-Gun to go with your Havocs- giving them cover and a non AC model can man the Quad-Gun....
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment