BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Brother-Captain

They didn't muck it up; Forge World models are painted in a realistic style. So it's largely flat colours and a lot of chipped paint/weathering powder, etc. Their goal is to make the models look realistic - which is not something one achieves by doing detailed shading and highlighting and painting OSL or NMM.

Personally I will agree that I favour stylized paint jobs, however; the detail on models is kind of washed out by realistic paint jobs, which is a shame really considering how pretty FW stuff is.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Battle-Brother

I find realistic paint jobs far more eye catching, anyway.

Bright colors have their place and can be quite attractive, but I like my army to look like it belongs on the battlefield. Not on parade.

"Very pretty, General. Very pretty. But, can they fight?"

Brother-Captain

I find them less eye-catching because they just sort of blend in with the background - anything but a close-up and the detail if kind of washed out.

But to each his own.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I think pristine armour is the best for Marines.

They aren't your standard army. They're there to shatter your command, and resolve in one fell swoop.

I know I'm going o/t a bit here, but imagine that in a modern war. You expect sneaky sneaky camo, bit of sniping here and there. That's got be nerve wracking enough. But to encounter something like a Marine, boldly declaring it's presence, walking through whatever you can throw at it, whilst your mates detonate around you? You know death has marked your card, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. How do you fight that? The amount of firepower, or blind luck it would take to drop a Marine, let alone a squad? I shudder to think.

So to me, the bolder the better! Can't wait for the weather to belt up so I can get my Heresy stuff sprayed!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    I find them less eye-catching because they just sort of blend in with the background - anything but a close-up and the detail if kind of washed out.

But to each his own.
    I can 100% understand the appeal of models that stand out in that way. I'm just particular in my taste.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234