BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Overdosing on the chipped paint effect just makes them look messy rather than artfully damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post

Do him in Ultramarines colours, he'll look sick.
    Oh, necessarily.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Don't forget the video attached to the newsletter :

(are those Justaerin terminators I see?)

Nice stuff, but feels a bit filler-ish, like the last lot.

As a side-note, I keep seeing people (on here and other places) say the paintjobs are bad - I don't consider myself a particularly good painter at all, so I don't "see" what is bad about them? (they look fine fine to me..) anyone want to explain their reasons? (honestly curious here)

Great models but----I think the reason some say naughty things about the paint job is possibly the overuse of the 'salt' weathering/damage technique. This is where granular salt crystals are applied before spraying the final colour coat. Used sparsely it can be a very effective system but a lot of the FW models seem to have had a salt cellar upended over them! We have to remember that these are the Adeptus Astartes, they spend a lot of time over wargear rites and artificer repairs. Doubt they'd go into battle looking like a rust bucket! Yeah, I know were talking the Hersesy here but they have not yet turned fully down the Chaos route at this stage. They'd still be looking after there armour only without the mention of the Emperor when they were doing maintenance.

Indeeed.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I think they are fine personally, they are better than mine. the robed apothecary in there is interesting too, and the fancy boarding shield on the emperors champion
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Well, you can see it on the Jetbikes largely.

Chapter-Master

I need one of those jetbikes, I have a specific conversion in mind
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Oh my.

O_O

Librarian

oohh tasty, those justarin look like they will be tasty in my blood angels

i too am thinking volkites for plas...... started a thread in conversions about it LOL

loving all of the heresy stuff, but aaarrrggghh come on FW and do a plasma gun pack!!!!

Fly Lord

Those auto cannons may be the cheapest way to get them in bulk. I'm thinking even CSM players will pick up that set as it will produce WAY better looking auto cannon Havocs.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast