BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Space Wolf questions!

If Grey Hunters (or any modle I guess with a rapid fire weapon and counter charge) fire there bolters on overwatch when charged can they still counter charge?

Does the Grey Hunters bolt pistol and close combat weapon mean they have two attacks in close combat?

If you think the answer to the first two questions is yes then can they fire there bolters on over watch then counter charge and use there pistols and close combat weapons?

Many thanks Ladys and Gents

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    If Grey Hunters (or any modle I guess with a rapid fire weapon and counter charge) fire there bolters on overwatch when charged can they still counter charge?
    I think the rule you're looking for is Counterattack, which has nothing to do with actually charging or what kind of weapon they fire in Overwatch. Counterattack just means that they get the a bonus attack in the first round of combat even if they are the one being attacked, rather than the one charging.

Does the Grey Hunters bolt pistol and close combat weapon mean they have two attacks in close combat?
    Yes.

If you think the answer to the first two questions is yes then can they fire there bolters on over watch then counter charge and use there pistols and close combat weapons?
    Yes.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Thanks ElectricPaladin... Does that not seem a bit naff to you? So while being charged they have the time to unleash a hail of bolter fire then grab there close combat weapons and then counter attack. I'm not trying to argue with your interpriation of the rules it just seems ridicules to me that is you charge a squad of tac marines in to a squad of grey hunters they get more attacks then you!

Chapter-Master

Space Wolves are ferocious close quarters fighters. They have True Grit and Trust Their Battle Brothers. Rather than organized withdrawal (Codex: Space Marines, Combat Tactics), they move to engage (Counter Attack).
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Thanks ElectricPaladin... Does that not seem a bit naff to you? So while being charged they have the time to unleash a hail of bolter fire then grab there close combat weapons and then counter attack. I'm not trying to argue with your interpriation of the rules it just seems ridicules to me that is you charge a squad of tac marines in to a squad of grey hunters they get more attacks then you!
    While I'm happy to agree with you about the brokenness of Space Wolves, if I charge a squad of tacs into a squad of grey hunters, I kind of deserve whatever I get.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    While I'm happy to agree with you about the brokenness of Space Wolves, if I charge a squad of tacs into a squad of grey hunters, I kind of deserve whatever I get.
    Just got to hope you sargent has rembered to take his power sword!

Librarian

Having Counter Attack is one of the things that sets Space Wolves apart from the Codex Astartes Marines. In their old book Space Wolves had the ability "True Grit" where they could use their Bolter weapons (Bolters, Stormbolters, etc..) as pistols in CC, the drawback was that they never gained the bonus attack for charging... However, by giving them all three weapons you get the best of both worlds so to speak, so whether your getting charged or charging, your getting lots of attacks per squad. And if you think Bolter overwatch+counter attack is funny, then try running a Wolf Guard with 2x Storm Shields...

Chapter-Master

Just got to hope you sargent has rembered to take his power sword!
    I always put power weapons on my tactical sergeants. Power sword on the plasma squad, power axe on the melta squad. Never leave the battle barge without 'em.

Battle-Brother

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a space wolf question myself. This one is about taking fenrisian wolves as wargear and transport capacity. In the codex entry on pg. 31 states that Fenrisian wolves will count as 2 models do they mean 2 models for wolf lord and wolves, 2 spots for each wolf or 1 spot for each model?
    Peek @ the inner workings of my mind threw my blog:http://ironwolfsworkshop.blogspot.com/

Two spots for each wolf. "Fenrisian Wolves bought as part of a character's wargear allowance may enter vehicles with a transport capacity, though they will count as two models" is speaking of the wargear wolves in general, so each wolf takes up two slots. After all, they are "gigantic," the smallest of them "man-sized!"