BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Is anybody else getting bored with The Horus Heresy books?

Is anybody else getting bored with The Horus Hersy books or am I talking Heresy?

I'm two thirds of the way though 'The Primarchs' and I'm losing the will to read any more. I've got 'Fear to Tread' waiting for me in my bedroom but I'm not sure I can face another Primarch I love and respect falling in to another Demonic trap we can all see coming from a mile away.

Librarian

I am only on mechanicum myself, and I really enjoy all the points of view involved, it really makes things interesting for me. There is no heresy in not enjoying specific books or the books growing old. Everyone has different tastes and tolerances for certain stories. Some people get sick of stories quickly, some take forever with it. Really it depends.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Brother-Captain

I haven't read the Heresy in a while - I think the last book I finished was Thousand Sons.
    But that's been more because of time and the fact I get distracted pretty easily.

I do like that there's plenty of story waiting for me when I decide to get back into it. I certainly wasn't getting tired of the series, but then you're farther along than I was.

On the one hand I can see where certain complaints about the Heresy dragging on are coming from - but on the other thus far I've really enjoyed the multifaceted approach to it. The whole event really does feel like a civil war on a massive, galactic scale...and I've enjoyed getting to know each of the legions better, particularly the traitors. I'm a sucker for tragedies though.

So ah, I'm not bored yet. Maybe someday? We'll see.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Daemon-Prince

Bored? Hell no! i want more heresy BLOOD ANGEL'S FTW!!!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Battle-Brother

Yes, I feel they bottomed out, just milking it too hard.
    "Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie".

Battle-Brother

IMO they could move things along a little faster. They can always go back to elaborate on certain events, if needed.

Brother-Sergeant

Nah, I'm still into it. Some stories are better than others though. Fear to Tread and Deliverance Lost were average, The Primarchs was hit and miss but the Impfist and Night Lords stories from Shadows of Treachery were very good, which was slightly unexpected. Also, Brotherhood of the Storm offered a bit of insight into the White Scars and The Great Khan. I do think that the Black Library know they are onto a good money spinner what with the hardback special editions they are releasing and all the spin offs. But whilst they are still dropping power bangers like Know no Fear I'm still interested because the quality overall is still there.

Chapter-Master

Some books are awesome, some are a bit meh. What is getting boring for me is:

1. God like Primarchs making schoolboy errors.

2. All the Dark Angel Books.

3. Limited edition Novellas, hardbacks, illustrated plated in the gold-leafed poo of a captain of astartes editions - just tell us all the tales and not in a format that gouges the pockets. And hurry up and get to Terra and let Bill King write the encounter betwen Horus and Emp - in fact just use his earlier fluff, it is awesome.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Scout

dont bother with Fear to Tread. big let down especially if you are a BA fan. Pretty much agree with most of the above. Stories/books are getting watered down.

Librarian

im gunna have to agree with many of you. I dont have the money to blow on the big flash things that they keep bringing out. i would have liked to read the white scars book but i just cant justify it and once again i have to agree that many of the books have been meh. fear to tread is one. i also have a gripe that i dont like hard backs so this new format sucks for me ( before anyone says anything i know im strange ).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast