BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default Kingdom Death : Monster Official Thread!

Hello BOLS community,

My name is Adam Poots and I am tabletop game enthusiast and the creator of Kingdom Death. Kingdom Death is a mature nightmare horror game world supported by a range of meticulously crafted miniatures. I wanted to start an offical thread here and try my best to answer any questions related to Kingdom Death or the [URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster"]kickstarter campaign[/URL] that is currently running.

My love affair with miniatures started with Milton Bradly's Hero Quest and grew quickly into 2ND edition 40k and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. I won't bore you with all the details, but I am a long time miniature fan and Kingdom Death was a side project that started with a simple desire to... make my own tiny man!

Feel free to ask me any questions you like about KD, the kickstarter or me personally and I will try my best to answer them.

The project has been live for 2 days and has already reached 260k! Just nuts, my mind is kinda reeling from it all!

Anyway, thank you for your time and understanding. BOLS is awesome and I have been lurking on the news end of the site for a very long time now. This is my first foray into the forurm!

here is our latest goal :

First-Captain

I'm in.

Plastic Flower Knight?

I'm not generally one given to the punishing international shipping on Kickstarters (to say nothing of RM's import ransom) but I might have to make an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Plastic Flower Knight?

I'm not generally one given to the punishing international shipping on Kickstarters (to say nothing of RM's import ransom) but I might have to make an exception.
    My sincerest apologies about the international shipping. I must be very careful to cover my hide and also ensure that backers receive their rewards, therefore I MUST ship with a service that offers tracking. The cheapest way for me to do this ( as a small one person company ) is directly via USPS. To give you an idea, a 7 lbs priority package to Spain costs $51.97 for the label alone. That does not include packaging or labor. I currently do not have a partner over seas that could warehouse and ship things at a domestic rate. Depending on how the campaign goes I might be able to find a better solution, but this is simply reality I am facing. I cannot afford to send these and eat such a high shipping cost. It would sink the project out of the gate.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

First-Captain

What happened to the eagle winged fell we got a sneaky behind the back photo of a while ago?
    Will we be seeing any more new models pop in this kickstarter or are you planning future expansion kickstarters as this one is going so well?

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    What happened to the eagle winged fell we got a sneaky behind the back photo of a while ago?
    Will we be seeing any more new models pop in this kickstarter or are you planning future expansion kickstarters as this one is going so well?
    That would be a Blessed One! I am still unsure if he will make it into the campaign. He was originally printed on a machine that is well, honestly inferior to the printing tech I am using now. So I need make some tweaks and have him printed again.

Because it takes so much time to pack orders and handle the fulfillment side of the boutique resin line, I am thankfully in a position where I have a lot of content that is either unreleased or nearly finished! It is definitely my hope to use this kickstarter to see the vision of Monster fulfilled with as much content as I can get in there.

If I am super lucky ( and my brain begins to work for anything besides kickstarter again ) I might get to add stuff that hasn't even been thought of yet. But we shall see.