BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tau army

The Daft thing is i have a 1500pt Tau army on the shelf, Commander with 2 Bodyguards, 2x10 Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles, 6 man Steatlh team, 2x Railheads and 2x Piranhas. Kitted out it's 1500pts and when i used to play with them i enjoyed the fact that my Hammerheads could move 12", enter terrain and fire the Railgun. Reason for thinking about buying new stuff is that i just want to start over with them and i dont like repainting.

Handy thing is my local GW allows FW units, just have to own the book and have it with you.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

I am waiting personally, never know what might be redone, even things like the fire warriors or hammerhead might be re-cut with more options even if they don't change.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I've been playing since their first release and over the years I have really grown to enjoy my Tau. I do agree that the Forge World Broadsides look great and Tetra Speeders are awesome if you haven't seen them just google Forgeworld Tau update and the rules for them and additional Tau options and units are available. A lot of people have said to stick with firewarriors and worst case scenario you can always get add on bitz if they do release more options. The crisis suits might be something you consider the most as there have been many rumors about replacing them. I'm unsure what GW has in store and unfortunately you won't know until they offer an advance order or somone leaks a codex. With that said, if you want to join the Greater Good then do it. If a new codex releasese that just means you'll have plenty of time to replace some units and try new suits. I wouldn't let you deter you from gaming. I still have my original stealth suits that get fiedlded from time to time. Well I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12