BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    The creation of the Primarchs is certainly more than just genetic science. The Primarchs are variously... other. It's debatable whether any of them can completely die unless their soul is utterly annihilated (as Horus' was). The psychic echoes of Sanguinius linger in the Blood Angels' minds, for instance. There's something else going on here; whether it was actually a pact with the Chaos Gods is debatable, but personally I doubt it.
    **WARNING: CRACK THEORY AHEAD**

I've been thinking for awhile that The Primarchs are (for lack of a better example and you'll have to suck it up if you don't read Rowling) The Emperor's horcruxes.

In general-he tore off parts of his own soul to form the souls of the Primarchs, which explains why they all have some aspects of his personality (Horus the leader, Magnus the Psyker, etc) and also why the Emperor is in his current condition (parts of his soul have been corrupted by chaos-namely those primarchs that are now Deamon Princes.)

Anyway, that's a theory that's probably the result of SOMEONE HERE watching the movies too much but sort of works with the given data.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post

I've been thinking for awhile that The Primarchs are (for lack of a better example and you'll have to suck it up if you don't read Rowling) The Emperor's horcruxes.

In general-he tore off parts of his own soul to form the souls of the Primarchs, which explains why they all have some aspects of his personality (Horus the leader, Magnus the Psyker, etc) and also why the Emperor is in his current condition (parts of his soul have been corrupted by chaos-namely those primarchs that are now Deamon Princes.)

Anyway, that's a theory that's probably the result of SOMEONE HERE watching the movies too much but sort of works with the given data.
    Huhhhh. That's a really neat theory! Having totally obliterated one of the greatest parts of his soul, Horus, could've totally driven him into a 10k year coma.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post

That is a great theory!

I've always kind of assumed that the Emperor is also the lesser of two evils. The things he's done like the Crusade, or even needing the sacrifice of so many souls to keep him alive, is actually villainous behavior and is only slightly less reprehensible when compared to the forces of Chaos. At one point, I theorized that the Emperor was one of the gods of Law from the Fantasy days.

I think the HH novels have gone a long way to add very sympathetic backstory to otherwise despicable characters. I'm also questioning the ability of the Imperium to "win" this fight. I know for the game sake, this will never be answered, but humanity is fighting a losing battle and I don't think they can ever defeat Chaos.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Knowing Makind's nature as I do, I will not deem to begrudge the Emperor his methods.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    I don't think they can ever defeat Chaos.
    When you say "defeat" Chaos, what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    When you say "defeat" Chaos, what do you mean?
    I mean, kill all of the Chaos things and remove them from the universe. I think it's just a losing battle that humanity can't win.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

If that's your definition of defeat, I agree. As far as I know the Imperium has nothing that can kill a Chaos daemon, let alone a Chaos god.

First-Captain

I wonder when they would write about the Last Heritic. That can mean a lot of things. Like the fall of the marines or the fall of chaos. It can mean the end of seing Chaos as Heretics.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    If that's your definition of defeat, I agree. As far as I know the Imperium has nothing that can kill a Chaos daemon, let alone a Chaos god.
    Only thing to do would be to find a way to close the Eye of Terror and the Maelstrom. It would require such a strength of psykic power as can overmatch the birth pangs of a Chaos god.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    I wonder when they would write about the Last Heritic. That can mean a lot of things. Like the fall of the marines or the fall of chaos. It can mean the end of seing Chaos as Heretics.
    No such thing will ever exist, since humans will always have something that is orthodox and something that is not. "Heretic" can mean many things for different appellations.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

I think the only beings humanity had with the power to close the eye of terror or the maelstrom was the emperor and magnus, and we all know what happened to them! Them or elder, but they are a dying race!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast