Today, I got a package.

A mysterious package.

It was shipped from somewhere in Cincinnati, but there was no return address. There was a Bell of Lost Souls sticker on the side. There was no note.

What there was, though, was upwards of twenty marines, two of them with plasma cannons, a couple of them with ancient Rogue Trader-era flamers, and two of them set up to be sergeants with power swords. There was also a fully magnetized (if slightly melted) predator tank! And a metal techmarine! And a small deck of Ward Horde cards from Adepticon that made me smile. Also there was a Grey Knights terminator and power armor figure - both beautifully painted - who I will be hanging on to as is. They're too well-painted for me to imagine stripping.

I don't know what's going on. I'm pretty sure it's not the guy who thought he might want my cultists in return - he said he was sending "a bunch of bits" not "practically a small army."

I suspect that I have one or more mysterious benefactors.

To you, I say: thank you!

This is a great forum, and a great "place" to hang out. Losing my army was a terrible blow, but thanks to your generosity and good wishes, I'm back on my feet and I have even more toys to play with than I originally did. I couldn't wish for a better online gaming community. Thank you to my mysterious benefactor(s), and thank you to you all.

Also, now I've got to decide what to do with these guys! I'm unlikely to field this many tacs - I have more than forty now - but there are so many other choices. Maybe I'll give a bunch of them plasma guns and field a plasma-heavy honor guard to go with a theoretical captain I might field... Or I could rip their arms off and make them into a foot assault squad to go with Captain Silas Alberec in a land raider? And the tank... I'm down on predators these days, but I could use a third rhino... or maybe I'll buy the bits to make it into a vindicator... I'll also need to make a techie power axe for that techmarine. This will be fun!