BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Occuli Imperator

Default 24 hours without violent crime

This:

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20536201[/url]

My initial thought that congratulations are in order but then that is quickly erroded with the view that it is sad that something like this makes the news. Violent crime should be the exception not the normal.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Isn't it merely none reported, which isn't the same as non occurring?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Well yes but realistically you can only be expected to know about things which have been reported
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

So it could merely show a complete loss of faith in the new york police to deal with violent crime?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    My initial thought that congratulations are in order but then that is quickly erroded with the view that it is sad that something like this makes the news. Violent crime should be the exception not the normal.
    Violent crime -is- the exception...but when you cram 7 billion people onto a planet together and many of them in densely-populated cities the exceptions are going to be pretty hard to ignore.

Kind of a neat thing though, regardless of the reasons behind it - certainly will be a long while before there's another day like that, I'd imagine.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE