BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default ResinForge's Sons of Horus - 13th Genetic Research Cohort

I will keep the talking short and pictures at Max.

Quick backstory is simple. They are a late Heresy Era Sons of Horus force. Taking place right after the fall of Horus.

I bring you my Legion Praetor, (also counts as Fabius Bile in regular 40k games)

He needs a bit more work around the servo skull (needs cables) and the 2 demon helpers need tools. Otherwise hes good to go. Does anything look "off"?

Still a bit of a WIP but here is the Standard Bearer and right hand man for the Praetor. He will get a shoulder pad on his right arm to match the Praetors. The left pad is a filed down astral claws pad that will be a large eye of Horus.

Oh and for the base, I will do all the armies bases at once. Gives them a very uniform look.

Continued.

This is the overall Terminator style im going with for the army. I like the Cat terminators but dont like the slightly better save. Id rather be quick on the feet so these were born.

The first of 3 squads.

Chapter-Master

thos look absolutely amazing, stunning details on the HQ
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Not sure about the mutated power claw on the terminator, but otherwise a stunning set of conversions. I love the idea of the Praetor having little deamon helpers. very much looking forward to seeing how the rest of the army comes together.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Not sure about the mutated power claw on the terminator, but otherwise a stunning set of conversions. I love the idea of the Praetor having little deamon helpers. very much looking forward to seeing how the rest of the army comes together.
    I wasnt sold on it either. Ive since changed it to be the old 2nd edition chaos marine power fist/claw. Ive also added trophies and more detail on the grenade harness.

Thanks for all the support guys!

I was digging around my bits stores inventory for what I need to make the first 3 Breachers. I plan to include 2 ten man units, each with 2 grav guns.

These first 3 show the modified shield designs and the studded mk2 shoulder pad, similar to the studded mk4 pads. Those gave me the idea for a more heavy armor mk2 but not quite mk3.

I went ahead and decided to include a Siege Breaker as my Lt in the army. Seems fitting since the vast troops choice will be filled with Breachers.

I went rather heavy on the conversion, using tiny bits from several FW kits. It took me a bit of time to remove the bits used from my bits store but it was well worth it based on how sweet the conversion came out!

With his Wrecker and Tank hunter special rules, I built 2 semi unique weapons. A "Chain Claw" basically a lightning claw with Wrecker and a modified combi bolter with more detailed Melta for the Tank Hunter ability. I still need to add some antenna to represent his Vox.

Comments? Thoughts?

Paint is still very much in progress but I did want to see how the scheme will look.

I do plan to add weather pigments and other goodies but not until the army is painted to an equal level. Its the only real way to get the same results with weathering on them all.

Im always open to feedback and comments!

Almost done with the Siege Breaker. He still needs a few minor touch ups and tuft grass added to the base. other then that, hes good to go.

Daemon-Prince

Look good, I think mixing in a bit more teal would make them look AMAZING though.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Look good, I think mixing in a bit more teal would make them look AMAZING though.
    Teal to me is a tad to "off" from the colors described in the Betrayal book. The pictures arent the best but I think it first the early sea green perfectly. My guys arent full blow siege of Terra, just on thier way to corruption.

On a side note, Resin Forge (link in sig) is now offering 20% off all FW bits, some GW weapons and now spreading into books, such as rulebooks, HH book Volume 1 and much more!

Just entire the discount code Discount20 upon checkout! And yes we do ship world wide for a flat rate of 5 dollars!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast