BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What about the "missing" primarchs? Were all brothers present when they were " originally removed"? Or were some just new aquintances for the Imperium or did some of them learn only afterwards of their brothers fate? Also at what point of time frame were they disposed of?

Veteran-Sergeant

It looks like the "older" Primarch brothers were present for the sanction of the first Missing Primarch because we know that Russ and his Wolves were used to behead that Legion. Much speculation abounds as to if they were then absorbed by the XIII...
    I have no idea about the second Missing Primarch though, as the whole timeline of when the Emperor's boys were discovered starts getting really murky.... but I would say that when the Emperor gathered his sons on Terra before the huge push into the Crusade proper (a family reunion?) both of the Missing had been dealt with, mourned and then the whole affair hushed up on daddy's direct orders

I can only give my opinion on the matter as I don't know where to find any accurate sources to draw from. Sorry about that.

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by dark messenger View Post
    I can only give my opinion on the matter as I don't know where to find any accurate sources to draw from. Sorry about that.
    Because there simply ARE NO "accurate sources" on this matter. It remains an enduring and tantalizing mystery. What gets me about the whole thing is a subtle point, what could the nature of their "tragedies" (to use Dorn's term) have been? They must have been severe enough to warrant obliteration from history and yet whatever happened it still didn't prepare the Primarchs for the the idea of betrayal by their own during the Heresy. Whatever happened it must have been a complicated situation. More intriguingly perhaps is the fact that there is very real reason to believe that they are both still alive. They are referred to as "absent" and "beyond reach" rather than "dead."

Anyway, I apologize for side tracking. I don't want to derail the thread with a discussion of this particular mystery...
    Last edited by Just_Me; 12-19-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Veteran-Sergeant

Actually you raise a good point there Just_Me...

With the whole secrecy thing with the Missing Primarchs and the fact that there is no credible record of when exactly the Primarchs were found... this whole thing seems to be a giant rat-f*ck... but isn't that (among other things) what makes the history of 40K so enticing?

I know there are people who play other factions and favour them over the Imperials but almost every race in the 40K universe is linked or tied to one another directly in some fashion.
    Except Tyranids. They're just plain crazy.

Whatever faction you support you'd have to admit that the Emperor and his Primarchs were some of the most powerful and influential beings ever to stride the galaxy. Rumours keep flying of them still being alive or having done certain things since their "disappearance" from public sight.

The Eldar know what has befallen their gods right?
    The Orks stomp planets in the name of theirs because they know they are real!
    Even the Necrons have enslaved/eaten theirs...?
    So why is it just the humans who don't know what has happened to their god and his demi-god sons?

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12