BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default Just who is Oll Perrson?

Just finished reading Know No Fear again, and once more I am intrigued by Oll.

Now it's clear that he is, or will become Ollanius Pious, but just what is he?

The book seems to suggest he is functionally immortal, and likely capable of either self reincarnation, or perhaps time lordesque regeneration.

It also mentions him being introduced to 'the illuminated' and he clearly has knowledge and wisdom about the ways of the warp.

Could be one the alleged children of the Emperor? Or is he akin to a Daemon of mankind? And just who or what is his God?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Son of the Emperor I'm reckoning.

Brother-Captain

I thought he was associated with the Cabal and it was the Cabal that made him immortal (like John).

I dunno.

John Grammaticus makes reference to the source of his own seemingly immortality, but it is certainly implied said method was not applied to Perrson.

I kind of hope they do a lot more with Perrson, perhaps along the lines of Garro?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Ol was definatily alive a long time before M 41, there is a slight hint at him in another few books some more obviious than others.

the kabal must have had grammaticus for some time though, as he was at a dinner with the emperor...... this must have been at least unification era or earlier (was it not mentioned that he was a member of a noble house within the unification families).

Ol for me is definatly a sensei and gramaticus too, though the members of the kabal may have some sort of control over him, more than explained in Legion and KNF. though how they have been in the emperors presence and not been nabbed the black ships is confusing me, even if they are like pariahs to some degree.
    Last edited by Cpt Codpiece; 12-03-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    Ol was definatily alive a long time before M 41, there is a slight hint at him in another few books some more obviious than others.

the kabal must have had grammaticus for some time though, as he was at a dinner with the emperor...... this must have been at least unification era or earlier (was it not mentioned that he was a member of a noble house within the unification families).

Ol for me is definatly a sensei and gramaticus too, though the members of the kabal may have some sort of control over him, more than explained in Legion and KNF. though how they have been in the emperors presence and not been nabbed the black ships is confusing me, even if they are like pariahs to some degree.
    Oll dates back to the begining of time, he was an argonaut!

John was a pskyer and a member of the Unification Army, the Emperor knew this and said they'd have to have a talk, he then died and was resurrected by the Cabal and gifted with the ability to resurrect, Oll on the other hand, at least, according to the vision of John, is a naturally true Pertetual like the Emporer, thats all thats known at this point though

It also mentions there are others 'like Oll' in and around Macragge, and Grammaticus also implied they have significant powers/knowledge.

As for Oll, it would seem he has always been. The book states he remembers events already history to us.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I dunno.

John Grammaticus makes reference to the source of his own seemingly immortality, but it is certainly implied said method was not applied to Perrson.

I kind of hope they do a lot more with Perrson, perhaps along the lines of Garro?
    At risk of being a massive pedant, John is not immortal. Immortal means never dying/living forever. John dies numerous times, he just keeps getting resurrected
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

What the perpetuals are gets even stickier post betrayer. I'm friggin lost now. No idea what they are.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

He was a boy
    She was a girl
    Can I make it anymore obvious?
    He was a punk.
    She did ballet.
    What more can I say?
    He wanted her.
    She'd never tell.
    Secretly she wanted him as well.
    And all of her friends
    Stuck up their nose.
    And they had a problem with his baggy clothes.

He was a skater boy, she said, "See ya later, boy."
    He wasn't good enough for her.
    She had a pretty face but her head was up in space.
    She needed to come back down to earth.

Five years from now, she sits at home feeding the baby, she's all alone.
    She turns on TV and guess who she sees?
    Skater boy rockin' up MTV.
    She calls up her friends.
    They already know.
    And they've all got tickets to see his show.
    She tags along, stands in the crowd.
    Looks up at the man that she turned down.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness