BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Ok this is from Unremembered Empire page 342 (Guilliman in thought)

"It was just a dream. Such simple, pastoral destinies did not lie in store for beings like Roboute Guilliman. Fate held, for him, a future of duty and responsibility, very different from that which might await an honest agri-worker. No common farmer would play a role in the final battle against Horus."

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by T-bud View Post
    Ok this is from Unremembered Empire page 342 (Guilliman in thought)

"It was just a dream. Such simple, pastoral destinies did not lie in store for beings like Roboute Guilliman. Fate held, for him, a future of duty and responsibility, very different from that which might await an honest agri-worker. No common farmer would play a role in the final battle against Horus."
    I'm fairly certain that this is just literary license and not an allusion to Oll.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

He is one of a select group of individuals called 'Perpetuals'.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I'm fairly certain that this is just literary license and not an allusion to Oll.
    I dunno it screams "foreshadowing" to me

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo187 View Post
    There is a part in "Angel Exterminatus" by Graham McNeil where an Iron Warrior named Kroger is reliving his past lives in various warzones throughout earth's history. There is a mention on page 375 about Kroeger (who was a German soldier named Franz at the time) fighting with an allied soldier in the trenches at Verdun in WWI named Olivier Pearsonne.
    Crap. Now I'm going to have to read that again.
    isn't Kroeger one of Honsou's reluctant Lieutenants?

Also, I just read Mark Of Calth. Frikkin amazing, especially the Oll Persson story. I always thought his name meant 'All Persons', in that he has lived every life at one point or another, and just needs the audio/visual stimuli to remember. This happens a lot in 'Unmarked', where Oll sees or hears something, and brings a flood of memories to him.
    I don't think this is a spoiler, as he has mentioned it before, but the map he carries, he says it's a 22,00 year old copy of a 22,000 year old map (making the map 44,000 years old in M.31-32). Any historical references to something like this?
    Last edited by Jmaximum; 03-04-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typos

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I still think they ruined the point of oll when they turned him into a perpetual
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Resinpants View Post
    As much of Warhammer is directly ripped off from Moorcock, I saw this as a kind of nod in his direction, Una Persson was a companion to Catherine and Jerry Cornelius in the Eternal Champion books. The idea of a character to transcends mortality as well as time and space fits with the notion of an Eternal Champion-style figure.

I like the Persson/Grammaticus storyline. It's not inconceivable that both of them could be sons of the Emperor, but I don't think it will go that way. In a storyline where we all know the ending, it's good to have wild cards like these.
    I just read a Moorcock short-story called 'Pale Roses', and Una Persson (One Person) is in it. I thought there was some significance to the naming similarity between Oll Persson and her. Waaay too much to be a coincidence.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    I just read a Moorcock short-story called 'Pale Roses', and Una Persson (One Person) is in it. I thought there was some significance to the naming similarity between Oll Persson and her. Waaay too much to be a coincidence.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!!

Quote Originally Posted by Resinpants View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!!
    One more early morning realization, my sleep-adled mind thinking this makes perfect sense: this seems to be way too much of a coincidence, and a literary copyright infringement, maybe Moorcock is working under a pen name for Black Library? I mean, to use almost the same exact character name, and the character exists in the same context....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast