BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The updated 1502 pt list

HQ

Warboss w. Mega Armour, Bosspole and Cybork Body 115pts

Big Mek w. Shokk Attack Gun and Ammo Grot 98pts

Troops

8 Nobz, one of whom is a painboy, all with cybork bodies, and 1 Waagh! banner & 2 big choppas 255pts
    Nob Transport: Battlewagon w. Red Paint Job, Deffroller, Zzap gun, Boarding Plank,StikkbombChukka& 2 Big Shootas 150pts

20 Shoota Boyz with a Nob with Big Choppa & Bosspole, and the Boyz have stikkbombs 180 pts

10 Slugga Boyz with a Nob with Power Claw & Bosspole, 1 boy has a big shoota 111pts
    Shoota Boy transport: Trukk w. Stikkbomb Chukka, Boarding Plank, Red Paint Job & Reinforced Ram 55pts

10 Slugga Boyz with a Nob with Power Claw & Bosspole, 1 boy has a big shoota 111pts
    Shoota Boy transport: Trukk w. Stikkbomb Chukka, Boarding Plank, Red Paint Job & Reinforced Ram 55pts

Fast Attack

Dakkajet w. Red Paint Job, Additional Twin-Linked Supa Shoota, and a fighta ace 135 pts

3 Deffkoptas w. Twin Linked Rokkit Launchers 135pts

4 Warbikes with a nob with a big choppa and a bosspole

Total: 1502pts

Due to the fact that Orky things (specifically Battlewagons) are pretty dam expensive, do you have any recommendations as to what I should remove to scale down this list to 1000 points while I save up for the flashier bits

Well, you could just drop the nobz, battlewagon, and shokk attack gun mek. But I think at 1,000 points the more conservative route is to drop the dakkajet, warbikes, and SAG mek, and then trim the remaining 92 points out of upgrades here, a boy or nob there, until you get down to 1,000.

Odds are good that a dakkajet at 1,000 points will last a while, since the lower your points level the greater the odds the enemy doesn't have the proper tools to deal with flash toys like flyers - but, the nobz are another scoring unit, and in my experience orks' ability to get a lot of scoring units on the table without trying very hard is a major tactical advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex the Everchosen
    The updated 1502 pt list

HQ

Warboss w. Mega Armour, Bosspole and Cybork Body 115pts

Big Mek w. Shokk Attack Gun and Ammo Grot 98pts

Troops

8 Nobz, one of whom is a painboy, all with cybork bodies, and 1 Waagh! banner & 2 big choppas 255pts
    Nob Transport: Battlewagon w. Red Paint Job, Deffroller, Zzap gun, Boarding Plank,StikkbombChukka& 2 Big Shootas 150pts

20 Shoota Boyz with a Nob with Big Choppa & Bosspole, and the Boyz have stikkbombs 180 pts

Fast Attack

Dakkajet w. Red Paint Job, Additional Twin-Linked Supa Shoota, and a fighta ace 135 pts

4 Warbikes with a nob with a big choppa and a bosspole

Total: 1502pts
    Drop the Big Mek +/- 100 points
    Drop the Painboy and Cybork bodies +/- 70points
    Drop the Battlewagon +/- 150 points
    Drop 10 Slugga boyz +/- 110 points (put the Nobz in their Trukk)
    Drop the Deffkoptas or Warbikes

So you still have 3 scoring units and a Flyer, not bad I think

Additional tip: don't overdo the add-ons for your Trukks, you pay an extra 20 points per Trukk and that's a lot for a ride that blows up when somebody shoots a bolt pistol at it. I would rather have 3 Trukks at 35 points each than 2 at 55 points each.

In my opinion, i would, at that kind of points cost, use less nobs and the ones that you do use use as Nob bikers, then give your warboss a warbike to go with that squad, then drop everything that isnt neccesary, e.g. Drop the Big Mek +/- 100 points Drop the Painboy and Cybork bodies +/- 70points Drop the Battlewagon +/- 150 points Drop 10 Slugga boyz +/- 110 points Drop the Deffkoptas. that then givfes you the ability to go by what the evil sunz go by with lots if mobility, so then tyou can get up close and killy in hardly any turns.
    "Da warboss sayz "WAAAAAAAAGH!" so we WAAAAAGH!"- an ork boys idea of being told what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab View Post
    In my opinion, i would, at that kind of points cost, use less nobs and the ones that you do use use as Nob bikers, then give your warboss a warbike to go with that squad, then drop everything that isnt neccesary, e.g. Drop the Big Mek +/- 100 points Drop the Painboy and Cybork bodies +/- 70points Drop the Battlewagon +/- 150 points Drop 10 Slugga boyz +/- 110 points Drop the Deffkoptas. that then givfes you the ability to go by what the evil sunz go by with lots if mobility, so then tyou can get up close and killy in hardly any turns.
    Maybe, but I have a warboss from the AoBR, and I like the battle wagon, as the deff roller makes lovely antitank in an army that badly needs it

I have made a couple of little tweaks to the list, tell me what you think:

1499 points:

HQ:

Warboss
    Cybork, Mega Armour, Bosspole 115pts

Big Mek
    Kustom Force Field 85pts

Troops:

8 Nobz, one of whom is a painboy, all with cybork bodies, and 1 Waagh! banner 245pts
    Nob Transport: Battlewagon w. Red Paint Job, Deffroller, Kannon, Boarding Plank,StikkbombChukka& 2 Big Shootas 145pts

12 Slugga Boyz with a Nob with Power Claw & Bosspole, 1 boy has a big shoota 117pts [I]

12 Slugga Boyz with a Nob with Power Claw & Bosspole, 1 boy has a big shoota 117pts

Fast Attack

5 Warbikes with a nob with a big choppa 135pts
    Last edited by Alex the Everchosen; 12-26-2012 at 06:46 AM.

A few more changes, had to ditch the bikes due to lack of cash =(

1499 points

HQ:

Warboss
    Cybork, Mega Armour, Bosspole 115pts

Big Mek
    Kustom Force Field 85pts

Elites:
    5x Burna Boys (these guys ride in the looted wagon)

Troops:

8 Nobz, one of whom is a painboy, all with cybork bodies, and 1 Waagh! banner 245pts
    Nob Transport: Battlewagon w. Red Paint Job, Deffroller, Kannon, Boarding Plank,StikkbombChukka& 2 Big Shootas 145pts

20 Shoota Boyz with a Nob with Big Choppa & Bosspole, and the Boyz have stikkbombs, 2x Big shootas 190 pts

12 Slugga Boyz with a Nob with Power Claw & Bosspole 112pts
    Shoota Boy transport: Trukk w. Red Paint Job & Reinforced Ram 45pts

12 Slugga Boyz with a Nob with Power Claw & Bosspole 112pts
    Shoota Boy transport: Trukk w. Red Paint Job & Reinforced Ram 45pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support:

Looted Wagon w. Red paint job, Skorcha, Reinforced ram, Rokkit Launcher, Armour plates, Big shoota

Quote Originally Posted by Alex the Everchosen View Post
    20 Shoota Boyz with a Nob with Big Choppa & Bosspole, and the Boyz have stikkbombs, 2x Big shootas 190 pts
    That's 170 points by my count.

I think this is a pretty reasonable list, personally. I think your looted wagon is over-gunned, though, since its burna passengers mean it will want to move as quickly as possible toward the enemy. I know you can fire its weapons with snap shots, but I'd still drop one of the guns - or drop the entire looted wagon for a big trakk, which you can get with more flame weapons, more armor, and even a second deffrolla for as much or less as the looted wagon you currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    drop the entire looted wagon for a big trakk, which you can get with more flame weapons, more armor, and even a second deffrolla for as much or less as the looted wagon you currently have.
    Big trakk? Sounds pretty cool, and glancing over the rules it looks like the business. Any idea how to build one without shelling out £52 to buy one from forge world?
    Last edited by Alex the Everchosen; 12-30-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12