BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I think it's mostly the baldy napper. Bung the long hair on, and much more recognisable.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They don't look bad, I'm jus not sure they look like Klingons. Everyone else is recognisable/unchanged in terms of species yet klingons get a complete redesign, it's odd.
    Do you mean they don't like these Klingons?

Or these Klingons?

In the words of Worf, "we don't talk about it".
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Right, they have already been sensibly redesigned once, now we have weird half klingon half jem hadar people.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Agree with Eldargal 100% on this, I find it wierd that they would change such an iconic race and make them look worse, what I do not get is the directors rational behind it saying he didn't want to stick to a 5o year old design or some s**t not that he has done that with anything else in the film like the uniforms, ship design, main characters, vulcans ect.

Chapter-Master

I'm going to reserve judgement on them until I see them in the film. Abrams did such a good job of blending old with new in the first film that I feel he has earned that leeway at least. Besides, as I point out above, it's not the first time Klingons have had an explicable redesign.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Perhaps that isn't representative of all the klingons...

Chapter-Master

Possibly. They could be some weird subspecies (like the Remans) or a cross breed with another race or God knows what. Wait and see is my motto.

Occuli Imperator

Well we all know that they had their cranial ridges removed as children to help them infiltrate the federation, obvs.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Watched it last night. I didn't think the Klingon looked any different from the currently seen racial differences - ie stare-y eyed Gauron and actually this latest Klingon's head looked like General Chang from VI.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I just watched it a couple of hours ago... didn't have any problems with the Klingons, but the Enterpise's leitmotif did drive me insane with how it was very similar to the Transformers Prime theme tune, while being a couple of notes out.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast