BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Occuli Imperator

Oh yes non-famous. And I gather that I knew where they were did help. For me there wasn't an issue or the rest of the family. The issue would be if the member of the family didn't want that information given to an estranged member who may have been written out of a will or some such
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I can see where that would be an issue...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

So it turns out the radio station [URL="http://uk.news.yahoo.com/royal-prank-djs-just-want-sorry-070922921.html"]attempted to contact the hospital five times[/URL] before deciding to air it anyway. As far as I'm concerned now I think the blame rests with the hospital for lax privacy protections and the radio station for airing the call without permission, not the DJs.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

They did allegedly try and get into contact with the hospital five times, but they never managed to get through. I find it ludicrious that you can attempt to get consent, not get an answer and assume that that is a carte blanche to play it anyway. That is simply not how it should work.
    I think what made things worse, because the constant media replays of the call could not replay the information being given out what we were left with was this poor nurse answering the 'phone ad infinitum.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I know it's not the law (I think it isn't) but they should have asked for Kate Middletons permission as well as the two nurses. It was her personal information they broadcast after all.

Iron Father

Feel very sorry for the nurses children, but obviously there had to be some mental health issues involved here. This prank was the final push. If it hadn't been this then it would have been something else that pushed this poor women over the edge. As for the DJs, I feel very bad for them too. No one could have foreseen this happening. As EG said, it's the lack of communication before airing the piece that was the problem. The stations lawyers gave the green light anyway. Want to blame someone, blame the lawyers.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123