BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames. Saga Warfare was 2011, or it might have been another contender.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rulebook_img1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	3382

DzC might just be the game that finally topples Epic for me. Great miniatures, interesting rules and an honest attempt to create a sci-fi large scale battle game that truly feels like a science fiction game - the mobile warfare mechanics of the dropships interacting with ground combat, ground-to air AA fire, interceptors and air-to-ground strikes all while the infantry is brutally murdering one another in close quarters battle inside buildings holding objectives or intel seems really interesting.

Dropzone Commander for me, as well (though if I'd gotten MERCS sooner, it might have given it a run, just haven't played enough of that yet).

Default Dropzone Commander

Dropzone Commander for me too. Great game, beautiful book, awesome effort for essentially one bloke.

Definitely Dropzone Commander for me, too! It just screams sci-fi, with its mix of urban destruction, fast maneuver, heavy slogging... just love it. Dangerously fun.

Dropzone commander, one really great set of rules that has massive potential going forward

DZC doesn't have enough nominations yet ( ) so I'm going to chip in.

Great rules, with each faction feeling distinctly unique yet without needing special rules out the wazoo to do that. All pictures are of the models, so there are no awesome scenes it turns out you can't recreate because the proportions are all wrong or the joints don't do that (I'm looking at you, Dreadknight). And all of the army lists are in the one book.

Sure, it has a few typos, but how many people are even going to notice them who aren't me?
    Last edited by Houghten; 12-23-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Noticed one of my own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123