BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Color Scheme for Sisters of Battle (Blood Angels Allies)

Assuming all goes well, I may soon nail down a trade to acquire the bulk of the Sisters of Battle infantry I need for my "add Sisters of Battle allies to my Blood Angels so my Blood Angels can remain a primarily drop force while a different army supplies the objective holding and fire support, thus preserving my interest in Blood Angels" scheme (we shall call it Project ASOBATMBASMBACRAPDGWADFASTOHAFSTPMIBA... or maybe not). I'll still need a canoness, a few more sisters, and possibly some more melta sisters, depending on how the ones I get in trade are kitted out, but it's a great start!

Anyway, the question I have is this: what color scheme should I go with for the Sisters?

For context, my Blood Angels are a very traditional bright crimson with gold accents. The Blood Angels half of the force includes a large number of assault marines, who have traditional yellow helmets, and a large number of death company, who are painted in the traditional black-with-red-crosses scheme.

So, in your opinion, what compliments black, red, and gold, and would look good on Sisters of Battle?

Thanks in advance.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I agree, white, red cloaks, gold details
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yup, I think a white base would look good, maybe with red trim?

In my opinion, the traditional Sisters of Battle colors of black armor, red cloak and tabard, gold details works pretty well.

Chapter-Master

I'd go with an icey blue (possibly getting lighter/brighter/whiter for the higher ranks) with a black trim, to be a complete contrast to the red of your BAs.

Also, when you are angry you could refer to them as the ice queens or cold hearted female dogs.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Is the Order of the Sacred Rose (that's the white sisters of battle with black and red trim - just what the Emperor ordered) a real thing? Or are they just... you know, video game stuff? And I'm not sure I want to go with those dames - painting white is a pain in the @ss.

And an update for the curious: all has gone well, and the sisters should be in the mail today, which means I'll get them Saturday or Monday.

Chapter-Master

Additionally:

What would you all say about the Order of the Argent Shroud (silver armor, white cloaks)? Still brighter, to contrast the dark and intense colors of my Blood Angels, but the only white is on cloaks and tabards, which would make them a lot easier to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Is the Order of the Sacred Rose (that's the white sisters of battle with black and red trim - just what the Emperor ordered) a real thing? Or are they just... you know, video game stuff? And I'm not sure I want to go with those dames - painting white is a pain in the @ss.
    Yes, they're a real thing. Dawn of War didn't make them up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Additionally:

What would you all say about the Order of the Argent Shroud (silver armor, white cloaks)? Still brighter, to contrast the dark and intense colors of my Blood Angels, but the only white is on cloaks and tabards, which would make them a lot easier to paint.
    I think that's a fabulous idea, personally. Especially if you have actual gold in your Blood Angels, it will emphasize the contrast even more, and be easier to paint.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I think that's a fabulous idea, personally. Especially if you have actual gold in your Blood Angels, it will emphasize the contrast even more, and be easier to paint.
    My Blood Angels do use actual gold. I'm a fan of metallic metallics.