BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Fluff Iron Warriors - 1000pt.

This is just a list I created that can a) be used on its own and b) part of can be used as allies for other armies.

I also want it to be resembling a 'real' Iron Warriors warband, so I am more interested in the fluff than in a competitive list.

This is what I got:

Warpsmith
    + aura of dark glory & VotLW

10 Chaos Space Marines
    + plasma gun, lascannon, combi-plasma & VotLW

10 Chaos Space Marines
    + plasma gun, lascannon, combi-plasma & VotLW
    Chaos Rhino
    +dozer blade

10 Havocs
    + 2 missile launchers, 2 flakk missiles, 2 lascannon & VotLW

Forgefiend
    + 3 ectoplasma cannons

This is exactly1000pt.

So, what do you think ? Does this resemble a 'real' Iron Warriors warband ? And can it also hold its own in combat ? (whether as allies or on its own)

Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Eberk; 12-10-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Looks good just a few things that bother me. I would get rid of the combi-plasma, you will lose those in challenges considering your champion only has a ccw. You need to define the roles of your csm squads if you are using a lascannon why would you want to get close to the enemy, therefore making your plasma gun a waste. In other words if your using a lascannon get rid of the plasma weapons, and if you are using plasma guns get rid of the lascannon. On to the Havocs you should break them up into two units of 5 and reaper autocannons do a better job at downing flyers than 2 missile launchers, and they are cheaper. I would go with 5 Havocs with 4 autocannons, that is 115 points. The forgefiend to be honest I prefer the autocannons it comes with, that is just personal preference. From a fluff standpoint your an iron warriors player without any fortifications, that is strange.
    Last edited by AveDominusNox; 12-10-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Chapter-Master

I like the look of it personally, looks fun
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by AveDominusNox View Post
    You need to define the roles of your csm squads if you are using a lascannon why would you want to get close to the enemy, therefore making your plasma gun a waste. In other words if your using a lascannon get rid of the plasma weapons, and if you are using plasma guns get rid of the lascannon. On to the Havocs you should break them up into two units of 5 and reaper autocannons do a better job at downing flyers than 2 missile launchers, and they are cheaper. I would go with 5 Havocs with 4 autocannons, that is 115 points. The forgefiend to be honest I prefer the autocannons it comes with, that is just personal preference. From a fluff standpoint your an iron warriors player without any fortifications, that is strange.
    I took plasma guns because they have the same range as the boltguns, so I was aiming for a solid firebase with a bit of extra punch. My choice for Lascannons was because you get one with each Iron warriors upgrade pack.

When breaking up the Havocs in 2 5-men squads means no more HS choices until the army reaches 2000pt. That's the reason I took 10 (I like to have some meat-shields before my heavy weapons start dying )

Why are autocannons better at downing flyers ? Is it because you can have 5 for the same price as 2 skyfire missile launchers ??

It's an Iron Warrior warband, they don't take their fortifications with them... they will build them when they need to (this is to say I won't be spending points on fortifications we only use them as part of the scenery)

Chapter-Master

Break them up into 2 5 man teams for 1000pts. As you add more points, you can make them a 10 man team.

1000 points is all about having the most amount of flexibility.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Well as you can tell by my user name I am a night lords guy. I do like the fact you are going with a legion that is undivided, everybody plays nurgle, khorne, etc. So you have my respect there.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks good just a few things that bother me. I would get rid of the combi-plasma, you will lose those in challenges considering your champion only has a ccw. You need to define the roles of your csm squads if you are using a lascannon why would you want to get close to the enemy, therefore making your plasma gun a waste.
    Well I would hope that any player would have used his combi-plasma gun before he has to accept a challenge lol if at all in the least during the overwatch.
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

Well as you can tell by my user name I am a night lords guy. I do like the fact you are going with a legion that is undivided, everybody plays nurgle, khorne, etc. So you have my respect there.
    My main list will be Emperor's Children (Slaanesh) and I am also working on a World Eaters (Khorne) list to use as allies. So I am not always "undivided"

I believe very strongly that when you go with one of the 9 Traitor Legions you have to respect their fluff. And that means NO marks when playing Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, etc., NO psykers when playing World Eaters, etc...etc... and ALWAYS VotLW upgrade.

What can I say, I'm a fluff player

Update for my list:

when I drop both combi-plasmas, the Rhino with dozer and change the Havocs 2 lascannons to autocannons I can squeeze in a Chaos Predator with combi-bolter.

What do you think is best for this 1000pt army ?

either the 2 combi-plasmas, Rhino with dozer and 2 lascannons

or either the Predator with combi-bolter and 2 autocannons

Thoughts please