BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Da skool league waaaaaaagh!

Hey guys.
    After my awesome time at the school league open day (being tabled by a ex-champions guard army, tabling a new blood angels player, and tablinmg a ex-champion eldar player after 6 turns) I wanted to know if my list is any good and amy suggestions. Money is no problem as i have a good paper round bringing in money and im getting christmas tips currently, so any lists would be a good idea, so please help.
    the list is:
    HQ- warboss with eavy armour, power klaw, attack squig, shoota/skorcha and cybork body- 120pts
    TROOPS- 10 boyz, big shoota, nob with big choppa, eavy armour and bosspole-85pts
    15 boyz, big shoota, nob with eact same loadout- 115pts
    FAST ATTACK- Dakkajet with extra twin-linked supa shoota and fighta ace upgrade- 130 pts
    HEAVY SUPPORT- looted wagon with boomgun-105pts
    looted wagon as base- 35pts
    total 600 points (may not be accurate as i dont have my codex to hand and i think these numbers are right)
    Thanks alot, guys.
    Grotgrim Dakkaskab
    WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
    Last edited by warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab; 12-11-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add the list

Default my other list??

How about a list made using battlescribe???
    HQ (85pts)

Big Mek (85pts) Furious Charge, Independent Character, Mob Rule, Waaagh!

'Eavy armour (5pts) ('Eavy Armour), Attack squig (15pts) (Attack Squig), Bosspole (5pts) (Bosspole), Choppa, Cybork body (10pts) (Cybork Body), Kustom mega-blasta (15pts), Mek's tools (Mek's Tools)

Elites (75pts)

Burna Boyz (75pts) Furious Charge, Mob Rule, Waaagh! 5x Burna Boy (75pts) 5x Burna

Troops (142pts)

Ork Boyz (71pts) Furious Charge, Mob Rule, Waaagh! 10x Boy (60pts) 10x Slugga & choppa (Choppa)

Boy with special weapon (11pts) Big shoota (5pts)

Ork Boyz (71pts) Furious Charge, Mob Rule, Waaagh! 10x Boy (60pts) 10x Slugga & choppa (Choppa)

Boy with special weapon (11pts) Big shoota (5pts)

Fast Attack (190pts)

Dakkajet (130pts) Waagh! Plane

2 Twin-linked supa shootas, Additional twin-linked supa shoota (10pts), Fighta Ace (10pts) (Fighta Ace)

Stormboyz (60pts) Furious Charge, Mob Rule, Waaagh! 5x Stormboy (60pts) 5x Choppa, 5x Rokkit pack (Rokkit Pack), 5x Slugga, 5x Stikkbombs (Stikkbombs)

Heavy Support (105pts)

Looted Wagon (45pts) Don't Press Dat!

2x Big shoota (10pts)

Looted Wagon (60pts) Don't Press Dat!

2x Big shoota (10pts), Skorcha (15pts)

The points values are probably innacurate but hey I found it handy. Please tell me your thoughts
    Tah guys,
    warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't play Orks but I have played against them alot and I have to ask. WHERE ARE DA NOBZ!!! Orks Love Nobz. You don't need them its your army and you take what units you like to use its just something I've seen in every single Ork list ever lol except of-course yours. Have you considered them? Ha if I was gonna build Orks though I would go crazy with Kommandos just cause I Love Snikrot and I think their mini's are great looking and you can do so much customization.
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

My first list had nobz and i find tgem great but pretty useless in a nob only squad. But kommandos with snikrot? I hadn't considered that. I will try it!

Quote Originally Posted by warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab View Post
    My first list had nobz and i find tgem great but pretty useless in a nob only squad. But kommandos with snikrot? I hadn't considered that. I will try it!
    Useless in a Nob only squad ????

They can really pack a punch. I have lost count of all the space marines, terminators, tanks, walkers, etc... my Nob squad (combined with Warboss) have ripped appart. Or how many shooting they have emerged unscathed from.
    If I were you I wouldn't discard them so easily.

That said, I would only take them when the army is at least 1000 points. Less than that my first choice are boyz, lots of boyz. And that is my only remark about your army lists: I think you need more boyz (and gretchin)

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    Useless in a Nob only squad ????

They can really pack a punch. I have lost count of all the space marines, terminators, tanks, walkers, etc... my Nob squad (combined with Warboss) have ripped appart. Or how many shooting they have emerged unscathed from.
    If I were you I wouldn't discard them so easily.

That said, I would only take them when the army is at least 1000 points. Less than that my first choice are boyz, lots of boyz. And that is my only remark about your army lists: I think you need more boyz (and gretchin)
    i tried a nob squad in a list i recently played that i really didn't like. although i was repeated;ly testing put different lists against the same 600 point Dark angels list, whenenver i used the type of nob squad that i wanted to use (3 nobz with heavy armour all of them, 1 bosspole and 1 big choppa) they always were killed even when they were just backing up my warboss. although i never lost, they still always died. i have been consideriong a nob biker squad with a warbiker warboss so that i stick to the evil sunz idea (where almost every model has a transport) so that they could get into combat easier and kill more as orks should. although im not a huge fan of the nob squad idea, if i used a large enough squad as a troops choice (e.g. 9 nobz with some upgrades) would this work???
    from warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab
    WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

A Nob squad of only 3 nobz will die very quickly. Strength in numbers.

I use at least 6 Nobz all with heavy armour with a power klaw and 2 big choppas to accompany my Warboss, preferably 8 (depending on the army size/point value)

When playing with Orks you should familiarize yourself with the feeling of losing models... even Nobz. Accept the fact that they WILL die. Only thing you can do about that is take more than enough so it doesn't matter that a lot will die because you still have enough to tear your enemy apart

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    When playing with Orks you should familiarize yourself with the feeling of losing models... even Nobz. Accept the fact that they WILL die. Only thing you can do about that is take more than enough so it doesn't matter that a lot will die because you still have enough to tear your enemy apart
    Indeed Numbers are what matter for Orks or for any Horde classified army really. Thats how you win by swarming your opponent with a ridiculous amount of models.
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

hmmmm. but is a massed boyz horde really the best way forward???
    "Da warboss sayz "WAAAAAAAAGH!" so we WAAAAAGH!"- an ork boys idea of being told what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab View Post
    is a massed boyz horde really the best way forward???
    You are playing orks. That question should answer itself