BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

The traditonal "Christmas cake" is always an option, as long as you like fruit cake it is all good.
    Christmas Pudding (though that is a pudding, not a dessert) this is like Christmas cake without the icing/marzipan.
    "Yule Log", think swiss roll, but with coca added to the sponge and jam/cream replaced with chocolate butter icing cover in chocolate, one of my favourites.
    Trifle, the king of desserts imo. Though I prefer the alcohol free ones rather than sherry variety.

Remember puddings are hot and desserts are cold
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

My wife has made Christmas cake and will be making a Christmas pudding....I like neither.
    I will be making a chocolate mousse. It is now a Christmas tradition for me to fill myself to bursting with chocolate mousse.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thank you Wolfshade and energongoodie
    Loving the distinction between pudding and dessert there lol

That yule log does sound tasty but then again I do love a good mousse... So I will look into getting something chocolate sponge based, covered in choccy mousse! I can already feel the pounds piling on... gonna hafta do a marathon this year to work it off

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

Occuli Imperator

I am currently trying to convince the wife to make a chocolate cheese cake, it's like 700 cal per slice
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

How do you plan to "justify" that? lol
    I'd have to do about 50 push-ups just for looking at a slice of that cheese-cake.. but it does sound very tasty..

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

Occuli Imperator

I don't need to justify anything

By no means an exhaustive list:

Roast turkey
    Roast goose
    Fried carp
    Chestnut stuffing
    Mushrooms stuffed with sausage meat and chestnuts
    Roast crushed potatoes (in goose fat), roast parsnips
    Sprouts with bacon and chestnuts (/fistbump Deadlift)
    Onion and tomato pie
    Cranberry sauce, bread sauce and gravy
    Mushroom soup
    Borscht
    Ham on the bone

Christmas pudding with custard and brandy butter
    Christstollen
    About thirty types of gingerbread
    Mince pies

I know a lot of people hate sprouts, I think because there is a tendency to overcook them. They turn horrid if they are overcooked, they need to be cooked just so they are soft but not soggy and maintain their texture.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    By no means an exhaustive list:

Roast turkey
    Roast goose
    Fried carp
    Chestnut stuffing
    Mushrooms stuffed with sausage meat and chestnuts
    Roast crushed potatoes (in goose fat), roast parsnips
    Sprouts with bacon and chestnuts (/fistbump Deadlift)
    Onion and tomato pie
    Cranberry sauce, bread sauce and gravy
    Mushroom soup
    Borscht
    Ham on the bone

Christmas pudding with custard and brandy butter
    Christstollen
    About thirty types of gingerbread
    Mince pies

I know a lot of people hate sprouts, I think because there is a tendency to overcook them. They turn horrid if they are overcooked, they need to be cooked just so they are soft but not soggy and maintain their texture.
    Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat. But judging by the quoted list above, not as fat as Eldargirl, who we must therefore assume, to be a fat cow :P

Me? Dunno.

I fully intend to spend Chrimbo day in my scuddies, mooching around my flat doing precious little. Mumsie Mystery is sending a food parcel, but I have no idea what it consists of yet. Probably Turkey crown etc.

Christmas 500+ miles away from your family? Bliss! Dr Who in peace! No moronic relatives to bring me down! Nobody stealing my booze! No crap on the telly, only what I wish to watch! Yes sir I am looking forward to it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm not eating all of it on my own. It's food for around 15 people.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think we need bikini pics to make our judgement.

It's the only way to be sure.

And they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast